Walmart $500 Bedroom Makeover Giveaway!
I was lucky enough to be asked by Walmart to do this bedroom makeover and I am thrilled to be able to pass it onto you. They provided me with a $500 gift card to redo one of my teens rooms. I have to present a video of the finished product to them and they will feature it on their “Get Inspired” area of their web site.
Walmart has a great line of products for Teen bedrooms called Your Zone. These are all mix and match, very reasonable priced products that make it both easy and affordable to completely redo a bedroom for a price that most of us can handle. I know for me, bedrooms are lower on the list of priorities for spending much money on…so this was so much fun to do. They have a really cool tool on their site that lets your virtually design your room. We were able to use the make over section and Tim helped to figure out what he wanted in his room. (Of course I had to make sure I had some organizing features in it too…you will see when my video is complete.)
We have 5 children living in our 2,000 sq ft home. We are a little cramped…but its all good. We have had our two teenage boys sharing a bedroom. Tim 16 years old and Drew, 15 years old have had a set of bunk beds, two dressers and not much else in this 12×12 room (approximate). I discussed this project and the two of them made the decision. Tim was going to stay upstairs and have his room redone by Walmart. Drew was going to go to the basement and have an unfinished portion of the basement made into his “Man Cave” (as he has nick named it) So off we go. Stay tuned to my blog as I will have pictures of Drew’s basement transformation too.
I will soon have Tim’s room complete. We have his bed up and most everything purchased, walls painted and we are almost ready to go. Stay tuned for the completion video.
RULES TO WIN (Please follow if you want to be eligible to win)
To have a chance to win this $500 gift card from Walmart to be used to purchase Your Zone products to redo your teens bedroom..this is what you need to do. I am going to include a little younger than teen also. I have 8 year old triplets and they love the products. So since I do need to pick a cut off age, instead of going 12- years and older (this is really geared more for the 12-17 year age group)….I am going to go down to 8 years old (by August 20, 2009) and no older than 17 years old…be eligible for this giveaway. The winner will not be picked by a voting process because I want all of you to have a fair chance.
You must agree to spend the $500 to redo the bedroom if you win. I would like a before and after picture that I can post on my site.
THESE FIRST 3 HAVE TO BE DONE TO BE ELIGIBLE.
1) Go to the Walmart Your Zone site and tell me if you would be remodeling for a girl or boy…their age and which bed is your favorite.
2) Your e-mail address has to be easily accessible either on your blog or preferably in one of the two above comments.
FOR EXTRA CHANCES TO WIN: (Each of these has to have a separate comment.)
1) You can subscribe to my blog either by e-mail or by feeder. Come back and comment in a separate comment that you have done so.
2) You can blog about this contest with the link back to this post. (10 extra chances…make sure to add a comment for each. (example…blog#1, blog#2…)
3) Follow me on Twitter
4) Tweet this contest. You can do this up to 3 times per day – leave a comment with link for each one.
5) Facebook - follow me.
6) Facebook - Tell about this contest on your wall. You can do this up to 3 times per day – leave a new comment with link for each one.
7) Stumble Upon This
8) Recommend to Technorati
9) Follow me on Linked In
10) Pick up any of my 3 buttons and put on your sidebar (Blog, Review or Pouchee). For each one – leave comment
11) MomTv – (5 extra chances to win) Sign in and join me on my live show Monday nights at 8:30 pm est. Leave the name you signed in with for the show, so that I will know it is you. Be sure to add 5 comments…MomTV #1, Momtv#2..so that you get credit for all.
See there are lots of ways to enter!!
This contest will be open to US residents only. You must respond within 48 hours if you win.
This contest ends on Thursday September 10th, 2009 at 11:59pm est *THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED ANY COMMENTS AFTER 11:59pm est on SEPT 10th WILL NOT BE COUNTED**