Five Steps to Help Organize Your Christmas Morning
Do You Have Christmas Morning Craziness Going On At Your House?
Paper everywhere….boxes with pieces and parts laying half opened…dog’s wearing bows that got stuck to their fur? Sound like a typical Christmas morning at your house?
So how many Christmas days have you NOT had to try and find something in the trash that probably got thrown out?
Either that card with money from Aunt Ethel or the back of the new toy that Jimmy got. You KNOW it here somewhere but, now it is gone.
There are a few things that might help you cut down on some of the craziness Christmas morning.
1) Get several black trash bags. Station them around the room so that everyone has access to one for their trash. Immediately after opening their gift, have them throw just the paper away.
2) Have one place each person places their opened gifts near them.
3) If you know that your family members are getting gift cards or cash, then have a large colored envelop that they can place their gift cards or money in that has their name on it. You can pass those out after they receive their first one.
4) Have one central bag if you keep the ribbons and bows to recycle. The kids can have fun tossing the bows your way.
5) You can also use white trash bags and have them out in case someone wants to open a new toy that has many pieces and parts. They can put the extra pieces in the bag if the box gets torn apart too much to use. Then make sure that all trash throwing adults KNOW that white trash bags DO NOT go in the trash.
Try these methods and see if your Christmas morning can go a little smoother with clean up being much quicker.