Organizing to Traveling
I have started my traveling this year….in a big way. So I really have been organizing to travel! I just went to Austin, TX to be a judge for the Genesis Today Bloggers Immersion. I got to help pick one of the 5 finalist for the Genesis of a Great Idea Contest. Debba Haupert won by the way from Girlfriendology.com
I leave on Wednesday to go to Nashville for the BlissDom conference. I am going to see my boys who live there on Wednesday and go to the conference the next day. I will be driving there. I flew to TX.
I come back from there on a Sunday and leave again on Wednesday for the Disney Social Media Moms Conference. I will be flying there also.
Here are a few tips that I have used to make getting ready to go easier.
1) Make a packing list. Ok..I always do this. But I took it a step further and have it on my computer now. So I just have to print it out and tweek it for each trip. It has all the items that I am always worried I will forget…like the phone, computer, camera chargers and sync cables, business cards. I have a section on it for things to take on board the plane.
2) You can also make another list like the above for things to do before you leave. Cooking meals for the family, make a copy of your itinerary for your husband or wife, leave insurance card and schedule for kids activities.
3) If possible use a little larger suitcase to go with, so you will have room if you get things on your trip to bring home.
4) Pack a base color of clothes and use accessories to change your look to reduce clothing. Scarves are great accessories (I am just learning how to use them myself)
5) Be sure all your electronic items are charged before you leave.