The 12 Step Program for the Surface Abuser
The 12 Step Program for the Surface Abuser.
1) Admit that you have a problem.
2) Ask for help with your Surface Abuse problem. (Professional organizers are everywhere!)
3) Remove ALL surfaces in your home. (Only kidding!)
4) Realize that this will take on going maintenance to maintain.
5) Visualize what you would LIKE this space to look like.
6) Start the process with one surface.
7) Get a black trash bag for trash and a White trash bag for donate.
8) Begin the Sorting process. Clear everything off your counter and clean it first.
9) Realize that clearing your counter will lead to some organizing in other areas of your house. (this is a Good thing)
10) Decide what to do with all the papers and clutter.
11) Plan daily to clear off anything that might have accumulated in this “hot spot” zone and place it in the folders or cubbies you created.
12) Be sure to take before and after pictures so help remind yourself how you want to keep your new clear counter.
Disclosure: The above picture is not from my home (I WISH!) It was from a Parade of Homes model that boasted like the best family organizing center ever!! But you can find these products at The Pottery Barn.