Spring Cleaning – Have you Started Yours?
The Sun is out, it is warming up…things are beginning to grow and you want to clean. The spring brings new growth, new smells of flowers and grass. The windows are open…the breezing blowing in – and you don’t want it to blow papers all over your house and stir up pet hair and dust bunnies do you?
Where to Start?
To clean, you need to “put away”. Many time there in lies the problem. There may be no place to “put away” to. Clutter building up can increase the difficulty of cleaning. So do you dust around the piles of “stuff”, or do you just not dust because that just seems silly.
Start your cleaning much like you start your organizing.
1) Set aside a time to clean each room
2) Get cleaning supplies, bucket of cleaner or spray (I personally like Odo-ban). Rubber gloves (because it doesn’t seem so gross to clean if you have on gloves). Trash bags – black for trash, white for donate.
3) Start in one place. This is a great time to sort through the clutter. Sort quick, clear off a surface and clean it well.
4) Be sure to clean your walls, inside drawers, baseboards, etc.
5) Have your family help you. Many hands can accomplish the task much quicker than just yours.
I reviewed a book last year called Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Home Book . The contest is closed, but you can go look at the review. She has some great tips for cleaning….anything you can imagine!