Turning 50 Sucks!
But I have Awesome Friends!
I turn 50 today. I have very mixed emotions about it. Most of them …not so good!
When I think of 50, I think of my mom. I think of being a 20 year old and being in nursing school….2 years away from being married and having a child! Now that is ME at 50 years old – not my mom. It just doesn’t seem possible. I have to admit that I have never had a problem with a birthday, never been upset in anyway. 40 wasn’t that bad for me. But this is hitting me hard. I don’t feel like what I think 50 should be!
But it is what it is. I am thankful to still be here! I am thankful that I am healthy. I have A LOT to be thankful for and I am….but that doesn’t change the fact that this is a little hard. So….let’s bring a little humor to it shall we? After all….I don’t have to buy tampons any more…now that is big reason to be happy right!?
My Top 10 Reasons for saying 50 Sucks!
10) I have to color my hair – ok…so I’ve been doing that since I was 40.
9) I have to color in eye brows – what is with that!? Before I had to worry about tweezing my eye brows!
8) I have creases on my ear lobes. (Like my dad does)
7) I have wrinkles lots of wrinkles. I like it best when I leave off my reading glasses & look in the mirror. It is like an instant face lift.
6) My hands are getting age spots – (picturing my Grandmothers hands)
5) I don’t have to worry about trying to dry out my oiling skin….I have to use face cream to keep it from being dry
4) My feet swell – looks like my Grandmothers’ feet at the end of a long day.
3) I sometimes pee when I sneeze! (not too often, don’t worry if you are sitting next to me if I sneeze…LOL)
2) Things are drying up….will they fall off too?
And the number one reason that being 50 sucks:
#1 I have hair on my top lip now!! OMG! Yuck!! Jane is going to say I have to wax it! ewwww….