Spring Cleaning – The Refrigerator
Organizing Your Refrigerator
Do you open your refrigerator and see something like this? Or does it look worse? Old food, expired left overs that the lids have popped off of. Several containers of cream cheese because you forgot you had some in the back?
Your refrigerator can breed all kinds of things! It is just like anything else….it needs to be kept up.
To Organize and Spring Clean your Refrigerator:
1) Take everything out of your refrigerator.
2) Pull out the shelves and wash them with warm soapy water. Pull out the drawers and do the same. You can also use vinegar to clean.
3) Be sure to wipe down the walls of the inside of the refrigerator.
4) Go through all your food. Throw out anything expired.
5) You can adjust your shelves so that they work best for you. Maybe you need some shelves that taller items (milk, bottle of wine or pop) can fit in. Some others can be a smaller space between the shelves for things like eggs, cream cheese or dips.
6) I like to put my condiments, salad dressings, mustard, ketchup etc in the door.
7) Keep your lunch meats, cheese etc in drawer. Be sure to keep them covered with plastic bags or plastic ware to keep fresh.
8) Try to keep like items together.
9) Clean the outside and top of the refrigerator before you are finished.
10) If you like your children’s pictures or artwork on the outside of your refrigerator…..I suggest one magnet with either a picture of them or one piece of their artwork only. It will seem much more special if there is one item per child and you notice it rather than a bunch of stuff that is all cluttered.