Summer Vacation Planning
Have You Planned Your Vacation Yet?
This was from our trip 2 years ago. I call this the “Ugly Van”. I hated the looks of it, but it sure worked great for 7 people to travel in, especially when you come home with this!
Yes…hubby one him on a game. How could I say no to these kids? Yes, after they had him a few months and realized he was more in the way than fun, they donated him. But until then…he took up the 8th seat in the van on the way home…and he did make a good sleeping pillow.
Make a List before you start packing.
1) Write down essentials. If you are going to a unit that you can do laundry, then plan for that. You don’t have to bring clothes for 7 days, but maybe just 3 days. At least for the kids. You may know they have on an outfit they wore 3 days ago..but if it is clean and your on vacation…chances are that no one else will notice….or care.
2) Decided if you will need a roof top carrier or not. Do you have one or can you borrow one?
Pack Activities for the kids
1) Do you have activites in the car to keep the kids occupied? (books, car games, DVD, ipods) Traveling with kids wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t fight. Many people leave at night just so the kids will sleep most of the way. I have never done that myself. But helping them to stay occupied sure helps the bordom and decreases the fighting.
2) Pack a bag for each child. It makes them feel special and gives them some “territory” that they can feel is in “their space” in the car.
3) Keep it simple. Remember there are great games you can play while traveling that doesn’t take batteries or power.