Cache-Cachet Covertures Review
A little bit of luxury to store your delicate and fine clothing and accessories
There are times when you want a little bit a luxury to store your dine clothing items. The Cache-Cachet coverture might fit the bill for you!
This is a soft silk bag that has a button closure. It has been used by Katie Holmes and Kate Bosworth who I’m told have both outfitted their closets with the Cache-Cachet covertures to store their clothes. (now wouldn’t that be a closet to have? wow!! – insert jealousy here)
One of the features that I love for organizing is that there is a clear window so that you can see what is inside. That is so important to me. Organizing items can be done, but to make it efficient and usable organization…you need to be make your storage solutions accessible and easy to use.
Here is a picture off of the www.cachecachet.com site that shows how great these can be for organizing a closet. (Wishing this were my closet!!)
There are 2 sizes of Cache-Cachet Covertures, the small one is big enough for 2 sweaters – (which is exactly what I have stored in mine). The other they said is large enough to store a jacket in.
You can use these for everyday storage. If it is for a little longer storage you can use the herbal sachet that comes with it. This is a herbal mix that will keep any bugs out of your clothing. Much nicer than moth balls..that is for sure!
Clothing Care Tips from Cache-Cachet:
1) Don’t use plastic bags: storing clothing in plastic bags or containers suffocates clothes and accelerates the aging process, causing your garments to take on a yellow color.
2) Don’t hang your knits: Sweaters and other knitwear will stretch over time and elongate.
3) Do Clean your garments before storing them: Wool and other fabric can become damaged by insects such as moths, carpet beetle larvae, cockroaches, beetles and silverfish. Insects are attracted to fabrics stained with food, beverages, perspiration’s and oil from the skin and hair.
4) Do keep your closet looking as beautiful as the things that you have in it: Don’t fill your closet with plastic bins and bags. Not only are they bad for the life of your clothes, but they distract from the beauty of the garments you love.
5) Do extend the life of your clothes and accessories: Store clothing in cloth storage bags with herbal sachets, like Cache-Cachet covertures and garment covers. This will protect your clothing from snags, deter insect damage and other harmful elements.
I think this would be a very nice way to store your fine clothing. I folded and refolded my 2 sweaters a couple of times to try and flatten them out a bit in the bag, so that it would lay a little flatter. But I think if you stacked no more than 2, maybe 3 bags you wouldn’t have any problems. The silk is so nice, that I could see them sliding a bit if they weren’t flat enough, or you stacked too many on top of one another.
Price: The small one is $39 and the large one is $49. That works for some budgets, but not all of course. But even if you have one or two special things, it might be worth the investment to keep them nice.
Disclosure: I was given a small Cache-Cachet coverture for review at no cost. The pictures above (with the exception of the closet organizing picture that I mentioned was taken from their web site) are my own and the thoughts are my own. I did use the verbiage from the clothing tips card and from the Cache-Cachet Web Site.