Organizing for Thanksgiving
Are You Prepared?
How do you prepare and organize for Thanksgiving?
Of course there are different preparations for the different scenarios. Is Thanksgiving at your house? Are you driving near by to someone else’s home? Are you traveling?
Here are a few of my tips if Thanksgiving is going to be at your house:
1) Have your menu prepared this week. (hopefully it is already done)
2) Write out your shopping list and look for coupons
3) Make a time line for when you are preparing your meal. Thaw the frozen bird (what day?). Making some things a couple days in advance and freezing or making fresh that morning.
Organized Thanksgiving Bin
Some of my favorite tips for making things easier (if not this year…than next) is to have a bin like I have in the picture for your Thanksgiving supplies to be stored in. You know where to find that Kosher salt that you may only use once a year for the brine mixture for the turkey, etc.
1) I make copies of my Thanksgiving recipes that I know we will have every year and store them in the bin.
2) I keep my electric knife in our bin since we don’t usually use it other than Thanksgiving.
3) Thanksgiving decorations, special bowls and my turkey serving platter are in the bin.
It just makes things so easy. I bring the bin up a couple weeks before Thanksgiving to get my recipes out and decorate. What are some things you would put in your bin?
If there are a few little tricks that we can use to decrease stress for holidays like Thanksgiving… then its worth it isn’t it? I’m all about making things easier instead of harder. Here is my post from last year for Organizing for Thanksgiving.
How could this make your Thanksgiving a little more organized in the prep stage?