Bissell Lift off Deep Cleaning System
Happy to Review Bissell Lift Off Deep Cleaning System!
I used the Bissell Carpet Cleaner to clean two different areas in my home. My front hallway had several spots and my poor stairs had been attacked by dripping Nyquil when my husband carried it up the stairs a couple weeks ago.
I didn’t do any pre-treating of the stains because I wanted to see what the abilities of this cleaner were. I’ll walk you through the process. I am going to talk to you in my terms – I might not hit all the awesome features etc – but I’m also not pulling this info from anywhere but from what I’ve experienced.
Front Hall Way Before & After
Not too difficult. It came all put together in the box, except the handle. I attempted to put the screws in when I didn’t have the handle lined up right. The screws go in at an angle, so it is a little tricky. I had to have my husband pull it back apart and get it lined up right because I wasn’t able to do it. But once he did that (only 4 screws) it was good to go.
Features of the Bissell Lift Off Deep Cleaning System
- The water heats once in the clean water reservoir. You have to turn the cleaner on for about a minute, so it has time to heat up the water. I left it on for a couple minutes, but I couldn’t really tell how warm the water was. The water tank did not get warm, and I never did put my hand down to feel the temperature of the water coming out. I did like that I didn’t have to worry about the unit getting hot though.
- There are side brushes that I like so that you can get close to the edges.
It works easily and is self explanatory.
- The foot pedal in the back seems solid, along with the one on the side to lift off the smaller unit.
- It is easy to fill the clean water tank and put add the Bissell carpet cleaner solution.
- A small bottle of the Bissell carpet cleaner came with the unit
- The lift off unit comes off easily and doesn’t drip water all over.
- To snap the “lift off” unit back into place you need to use just a bit of force once on. I was hesitant to snap down the right side. The left side goes right on, but I was scared to push down very hard because I wasn’t sure it was lined up and I didn’t want to break something. But once I did, it went right in on the right side too.
- Easy push button and it is easy to move the unit when in the full upright unit. It isn’t hard to push.
- Even though I vacuumed my carpet before I started, evidently there was dog hair left behind. The carpet cleaner did not pick up the dog hair, it just wet it and left it in clumps. I had to keep bending over and picking it up. That part was annoying and kind of gross. I wish it would have sucked it up. If you have a dog that sheds, I would suggest double or triple vacuuming first.
- Using the smaller hand held lift off unit was easy. There is a long cord, which makes it nice when you are doing the stairs.
Love, Love, Love how easy it was to clean out the dirty reservoir! My older small carpet cleaner that I’ve used for small stains was hard to clean out and I never felt like it got cleaned out all the way, because of the design. But the Bissell is really easy and I felt like it was totally clean once I rinsed it out. Yay! It also did not leak dirty water when I took it off the unit! (another big plus! The other unit had to take off right in the bathroom because I knew it would drip yucko stuff before I could dump it)
Very good! Would I recommend it? Yes! My big points (other than it did a good job) would be that the lift off unit makes it really convenient. You don’t have to have a full size carpet cleaner AND a second smaller unit – it’s an All-in-one Cleaner.
It is very easy to use. But one of my biggest “pluses” to this deep cleaner is how easy it is to fill the clean reservoir and even better is how easy and neat it is to empty the dirty one!
My negatives would be that it does not pick up the left over dog hair that my vacuum didn’t pick up, so I had to pick it up on my own (wet dog hair is really gross). I also would like some place to hook the cord up on the handle when I’m using the vacuum. I felt like it was in the way a bit. I think because the cord is actually attached to the smaller unit, down low on the side. But neither of those reasons would be reasons that I would not recommend this to others. Those are minor compared to the benefits this cleaning system has.
As an update, my sister went out and purchased this cleaner herself after reading my post. She has four Newfoundland dogs and needed something to help with her clean ups! Wow!
I’m very happy with it and appreciate that they (Bissell) sent me this Carpet Cleaner to review. I was compensated with keeping the Bissell Lift Off Deep Cleaning System, I was not paid for this post. But even though I received the cleaner, the opinion, pictures and video are my own.