Preparing For The New Year!
New Start For New Year
I always love the New Year! It motivates me to make changes. Do I make resolutions? Yes – No – Kind of. I make goals for the new year. I think goals are always good to have.
My goals for this year?
1) Lose weight (yes, I know.. everyone’s goals. Dave and I are joining Weight Watchers together.)
2) Exercise (although routine one .. right?)
3) Not work as many hours – now that is different, right? I’ve been working between 60-80 hours per week for a year an a half now with my social media job. I LOVE it… but my house, my health and my family have suffered. I have to consciously not work so many hours, and because I love what I do, it’s difficult.
Those are my biggies.
What are some other things I like to do with the new year?
I like to clean up and clean out. When that Christmas Tree and decorations come down, I like to get into other areas of the house and clean them up too.
Today I dove into the pantry, the refrigerator, my office, my paperwork, my tax information.
I make myself a check list for the new year. I use them for work, so made another one. What is on it?
3) Household jobs
4) Tracking food for each meal
There are a few other goals on the list. But I used excel, put the tasks I wanted to accomplish down the left side. Across the top I put the days of the week and I’ll check off as I do things.
What works best for you? I don’t know.. that is up to each individual. But I suggest the following:
1) Decide what goals you’d like to accomplish for the new year. Personal and business
2) Write them down
3) Make yourself some kind of check list. Documenting what you accomplish each day is helpful.
4) Prep other areas of your home, life to get ready.
Happy New Year!