Easy Dinner Recipes with Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes #OreIdaHashbrn
Family Dinner Night During the Holidays Using Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Browns
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and it’s advertiser. #OreIdaHashbrn #shop #cbias
Ah, family time during the holidays. Sometimes it’s hard to come by with all the parties, get-togethers, Christmas concerts, shopping, wrapping and delivering to do at this time of year. For me, the easiest way to find time with family is around the dinner table. Everyone’s gotta eat, right? And since it is so busy, easy dinner recipes are just what we all need. You can do so many things with Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Browns. Always loving to get new recipes to try, Ore-Ida was at Walmart doing an in-store demo of a favorite dinner recipe so I went to check it out.
He was making Cheesy Potato Casserole which I love!
Here’s the recipe if you don’t already have it.
Cheesy Potato Casserole with Ore-Ida Shredded Hash browns
-1 can Condensed cream of chicken soup
-2 cups Sour cream
-1 tsp. Salt
-1/4 tsp. Pepper
-2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
-1/3 cup Sliced green onions
-1 pkg. Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes (30 oz)
-2 cups Crushed corn flake cereal
-1/4 cup Butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13X9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. 2. In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and Hash Browns until well mixed. Spoon evenly into baking dish. 3. In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture. 4. Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired. Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
After sampling the yummy casserole, I needed to go grab some Ore-Ida Shredded Hash browns for myself!
There’s just something about warm cheesy, potato goodness that warms your soul… So it got me to thinking, “What dinner recipe could I come up with using Ore-Ida Shredded Hashbrowns for my next family’s dinner?” And here it is… Italian Potato Parmesan!
Most everyone I know has tried Chicken Parmesan, Veal Parmesan or even Eggplant Parmesan (my personal favorite.) So I wanted to see how the same type of recipe would work for Potatoes. Um, Yummy and delicious! Here’s the recipe
Italian Potato Parmesan (yield 12-14 patties) Recipe can be easily doubled or halved.
-1 tbs. Butter or olive oil
-1/2 Onion, diced
-2 Garlic cloves, crushed or diced
-1/2 bag Ore-Ida Shredded Hashbrowns
-1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
-1/2 – 1 cup Parmesan (depending on how “cheesy” you want it. You can use either shredded parm or grated)
-3 tbs. Mayonaise
-1/2 tsp. Salt
-1/4 tsp. Pepper
-1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
-1 jar Marinara sauce
- Cheese (sliced fresh mozzarella, reg. mozzarella, provolone, or swiss)
1. In a small skillet sauté onions and garlic with butter or olive oil until transparent.
2. In a big bowl, add Ore-Ida Hashbrowns (no need to thaw), bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and cooked onions and garlic.
3. In a small bowl mix eggs, mayo, salt, pepper and parsley together.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix together. It should look like this…
5. Form patties and cook on heated non-stick skillet. (medium heat) Flatten with hand once on skillet, they stay together better that way and don’t fall apart.
6. Leave them cooking (do not mess with them) until you can see the edges are good and brown. You want them to be crispy.
7. Flip them over and cook until both sides are crispy.
8. Spray baking dish(es) with non-stick cooking spray. (I used 2 glass 9X13 dishes). Transfer finished ones to your baking dishes as you cook the rest of the patties. Once they are all cooked, top with marinara sauce and sliced cheese.
9. Broil in oven until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
My family loved this new dinner and had fun helping me create it, making even more family time! One of my children even had three helpings! Yep, I think this recipe is a keeper.
Ore-Ida is also sponsoring a Disney Frozen Sweepstakes where you could win a trip for your family to the Bahamas or a number of other great prizes! Be sure to check it out before the sweepstakes ends on January 15th, 2014!
I hope you try out and enjoy both of these recipes when feeding your family during the holidays and beyond. I also hope that you get to enjoy some much needed family time, and what better way than over some great food around the dinner table! Have a wonderful holiday season and Merry Christmas!
Love To All! ~Amy
I have been married for 23 years to my awesome hubby, Todd and we have 4 equally awesome kids who keep me young! Our favorite thing to do together is travel. I enjoy gardening, yoga, walking and saving money! I am very active in my church and am currently serving the children, and I love volunteering at my kids’ schools doing whatever I can to help the teachers and staff.