There are many reasons you should install a fence gate on or around your property; One of the most important reasons for installing a fence on your property is security and privacy. Fencing not only protects your valuables but also protects you and your family.
If you wonder how difficult it is to build a fence on your own, you are on the right page. Here we are going to discuss everything you need to know about building your fence.
Types of Fence
There are various types of fence you can choose from depending on need, such as:
- Vinyl fence
- Aluminum fence
- Wood fence
- Chain link fence
- Custom vinyl fence
Types of Fence Style
The next thing you can consider while building your fence is the fencing style, as fences also come in a wide range of styles.
- Privacy fence
- Lattice fence
- Scalloped fence
- Spaced picket fence
- Dog-eared fence
- Squared fence
- Farm fence
You can choose the fence style according to the goal of putting a fence around your property.
Process of Building a Fence
Before we get into the process of building a fence, we need to know about the material and tools required to build a fence:
Fence Materials and Tools Checklist
- DIY fencing kit
- Tape measure
- Stakes and strings
- Posthole digger torpedo level
- Circular saw
- Ready-mix concrete
- Digging bar
Now let us get into the actual process of building your fence:
- The very first step is to plan your fence
- Now measure and lay out the fence posts
- The next step is to dig holes
- Now add ready mix concrete and gravel and position posts
- After positioning posts, attach rails and panels to the posts
- Attach pickets to the rails
- Attach post caps
- At last, you can either paint or treat the wood to make it last longer
How Hard Is It?
Most people consider building build their own fence in the first place because it typically ends up being cheaper in the end as you do not must pay for the labor costs.
But installing a sturdy fence can be a very lengthy process and a loss of work.
If you are lucky enough to complete the construction of a fence correctly, it can last a long time and increase your property’s value. Still, you may end up wasting your precious money and time if you do it without having the relevant experience and knowledge of fence construction and installation.
Pros and Cons – Building Fence on Your Vs. Hiring a Professional
Building Fence on Your Own
While building your fence, you should consider its pros and cons:
- Installing a fence by yourself may save you a lot of money as you do not must pay for labor cost
- By installing a fence on your own, you also get to choose exactly what you want in terms of materials, styles, etc.
- Building your fence will give your yard a personal touch
- Installing a fence by yourself comes with a loss of problem, it might seem like a great way to save a lot of money, but you will have to pay in blood, sweat, and tears.
- If you are entirely new to this fence building, then you will have to do a lot of research beforehand
- You will have to make sure you are using the right material and have all the right tools
- You will have to investigate your local regulations and double-check your boundary line
- You can also get into serious trouble if you accidentally violate fencing laws.
- If you Add all these concerns together, you will realize you have created a potentially very stressful situation. Hiring a professional takes these concerns away and gives you peace of mind.
Hiring a Professional
- You might have to spend a lot more money on the team to install your fence, but you have to keep in mind that you are getting it done by the professionals, and you are paying for their expertise.
- You will save a lot of time by hiring a team to install your fence.
- It will also eliminate legal hassles.
- Putting a fence is much harder than you think, and it can be a lot of stress, so it is better to hire professionals.
- If you are on a tight budget hiring a team for installing a fence might not be a choice for you.