Skin allergies are common these days due to the amount of toxic residue in the air. A skin allergy occurs when the immune system reacts to something that is perceived as a threat even though it may be harmless to the body. Many people suffer from allergies such as food allergy, flower allergy or even grass allergy. The most common symptoms of a skin allergy are:
- Raised bumps on the skin
- Skin cracking
- Skin flaking
The most effective strategy to deal with a skin allergy is to immediately limit contact with the suspected allergen and use medicines to counteract the symptoms. But with the current ongoing pandemic situation, it has become almost difficult to get out of the house and go to the hospital unless it is an absolute emergency. One thing you can do is take advantage of the drug prices in Canada and order your medicines at your doorstep. The other option is to use natural ways to treat your symptoms at home. Here we have compiled a few natural ways you can treat skin allergy symptoms at home.
Oatmeal consists of a variety of skin healing properties such as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components. These components help soothe the skin of any allergic reactions. You can use oatmeal to create a soothing balm for the skin. Make powdered oatmeal by grinding it into fine powder. Make sure the granules are smaller and not large enough to be harsh on the skin. Now use this powdered oatmeal either in a bath or make a poultice.
- Add 1 cup of powdered oatmeal to lukewarm water.
- Mix the powdered oatmeal thoroughly into your bathwater.
- Fully immerse your body in the bath and wait for 30 minutes. After that rinse yourself with normal water.
- Add 1/4 cup of powdered oatmeal into a bowl.
- Mix water into the powdered oatmeal and make a smooth, spreadable paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area and cover with a moist cloth.
- Remove the moist cloth and rinse the area with cool water.
Baking soda balances the pH level of the skin and works well due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Make a paste by mixing baking soda with water and apply this paste to the affected area. Wash after 10 minutes and moisturize afterwards. You will feel a difference immediately. Or you can add a cup of baking soda to your bath and immerse your body in it. It will also be soothing for the affected area of your skin.
Many practitioners who have a natural approach to skincare recommend using herbs and plants to relieve skin allergy symptoms. Some of the plants recommended by experts are:
- Aloe vera. Applying aloe vera gel on the affected area of the skin helps soothe the itchiness, redness and swelling due to the allergy. Aloe vera gel has many added skincare benefits.
- Persimmon leaf extract. Persimmon leaf extract provides healing qualities for atopic dermatitis.