- 1 Fire and Flavor Charcoal Briquettes
- 2 Pok Pok Thaan Charcoal Logs
- 3 Duraflame Cowboy 26014 Cowboy Brand Natural Hardwood Briquettes
- 4 Kamado Joe KJ-Char Big Block XL Lump Charcoal
- 5 Fogo Super Premium Oak Restaurant All-Natural Smoked Hardwood Large Lump Charcoal
- 6 MUXI Portable Grilling Charcoal Briquettes
- 7 Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes
- 8 Weber 1790 Briquettes
- 9 Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes with Mesquite
- 10 Bayou Classic Natural Charcoal Briquettes
Are you planning an outdoor event? Whether it is a big party or a small family gathering, whether you are going camping, or just a small rooftop picnic- a barbeque enhances any event’s stature.
And if you are going for a barbeque and want consistent heating, using charcoal briquettes is the way to go!
However, using just any charcoal briquettes might not help you achieve that perfect barbeque you are striving towards.
Going by the number of companies selling charcoal briquettes, it might become a very daunting task to choose the one that best suits your purpose.
If you are on the lookout for good quality charcoal briquettes, look no further! In this article, we will review 14 of the best charcoal briquettes for you to choose from!
Fire and Flavor Charcoal Briquettes
The Fire and Flavor Charcoal Briquettes have been rated as the best overall charcoal briquettes (2020). You can be assured that they are of high quality and provide a unique flavor to your food.
Most briquettes are seen to leave behind a lot of residues since they consist of wood ash and filler. However, this is not the case with Fire and Flavor Charcoal briquettes. They are made with 100% natural olive wood and add a unique, unforgettable flavor to your dish.
No harmful chemicals or additives are added to these briquettes. They are best suited for cooking food. You would naturally use olive oil for cooking. While it works well with any meat, it provides excellent results, being a Mediterranean wood.
- PREMIUM FLAVOR: Our Olive Wood Briquets impart a wonderfully complex, deliciously aromatic flavor addition that dances across the palate.
- ALL NATURAL: Made with no chemical starters or additives.
- RICHLY AROMATIC: Fire & Flavor Briquets burns slow, hot, clean, and long.
- VERSATILE: This works great with poultry, fish, and lamb.
- MULTIPLE METHOD COMPATIBLE: Our briquets work great in both grills and smokers.
Pok Pok Thaan Charcoal Logs
These are Thai style charcoal briquettes made in Thailand. Each box of the product weighs about 5.0 pounds. It burns with very low smoke and does not leave behind much ash. It continues to burn for a long time and provides consistent heat for better quality cooking.
It is made from orchard grown rambutan fruit wood, following sustainable development principles, which imparts a very mild delicious flavor to the food. It can be used for grilling, smoking, barbecuing.
It is most suitable to be used where binchotan charcoal is traditionally used and is also well known for ensuring value for consumers.
- Thai-Style Binchotan charcoal
- Low Ash
- Low Smoke
- Long Burning
- Consistent Heat
Duraflame Cowboy 26014 Cowboy Brand Natural Hardwood Briquettes
Duraflame is a premium charcoal briquettes brand, which promises high quality, all-natural no-nonsense charcoal. This means that no coal, chemicals, or additives are used in the manufacture of these briquettes.
They are perfect for outdoor grilling or smoking and are specially designed to impart a beautiful authentic wood flavor to your food. These charcoal briquettes’ unique pillow shape allows even heating, which always provides more robust and more consistent heat.
These premia, natural briquettes provide an extremely clean burn with little to no ash and have very high customer ratings and positive reviews.
- PREMIUM CHARCOAL: 14-pound of all-natural hardwood charcoal briquets perfect for outdoor cooking and grilling
- HARDWOOD BLEND: Designed to interject an authentic wood flavor into the food you cook
- EVEN HEAT: Allows for long-lasting and even heat
- NO NONSENSE CHARCOAL: Briquets are all-natural, which means no coal, chemicals, or added fillers
- UNIQUE SHAPE: Pillow-shaped briquets allow for even heating
Kamado Joe KJ-Char Big Block XL Lump Charcoal
Kamado provides 100 percent natural charcoal, which can burn steadily up to 18 hours and be reused three times. It is made from a blend of authentic, naturally strong hardwood, namely Guayacan, Guayaibi, Mistal, and White Quebracho.
These briquettes are durable, and the cleanliness quotient is high. They burn hotter and allow you to achieve searing steak temperatures in a matter of a few seconds. If used along with a ceramic griller, you will be using less heat for cooking the food, which means you get more moist meat.
It is also compatible with other types of outdoor grilling and smoking. Also, you get the right mix of big and small briquettes, which provides consistent heat and allows you to cook on low and slow heat for an extended period. Kamado briquettes have a very high consumer rating on the quantity, packaging, and temperature control features they come with.
Fogo Super Premium Oak Restaurant All-Natural Smoked Hardwood Large Lump Charcoal
Fogo Premium Charcoal briquettes can be used for everyday cooking but are recommended for smoking sessions and reverse sear type cooks. They are the choicest and most viable option for Kamado grills like Big Green Egg, Primo, and Kamado Joe.
The briquettes are large, which provides a larger surface area for heating and better airflow for temperature control. This provides more prolonged and more consistent heat. These briquettes are of restaurant quality and reach searing high temperatures in a brief period.
They provide a very delicious oaky hardwood smoked flavor, which enhances the flavor of the food. Fogo Briquettes have a very high consumer rating on the flavor, cleanliness, and packaging they come with.
- 17.6-pound bag of all-natural hardwood super lump charcoal that's perfect for long cooks (Alternatively, FOGO Premium is better for everyday cooking)
- Lump charcoal that's perfect for ceramic style Kamado Grills like Big Green Egg, Primo, Kamado Joe, and more
- 80% of the bag is filled with large pieces of 4 inches or larger; larger pieces have more surface area which helps with longer burn times
- Charcoal is restaurant quality and makes it easy to reach high searing temperatures
- Charcoal lights fast and lights long
MUXI Portable Grilling Charcoal Briquettes
They are made from 100 percent natural ingredients- natural charcoal powder, corn starch adhesive, and botanical combustion improver. It is moisture-proof, dustproof, and comes in airtight packaging, making it durable, long-lasting, and portable.
You can easily carry it with you on any trip! It gets ignited very quickly, in a matter of a few seconds, which saves you the trouble you would have to go through for lighting firewood.
No ignition fuels are required for burning it. It is odorless and does not release any harmful fumes while burning. It leaves behind minimal residue and provides slow, consistent, and even heating. Now enjoy your barbeque 10x times faster and get more time to spend with your family!
- 1. Product Information: 0.8 pounds of barbecue charcoal from 100% natural material (natural charcoal powder, corn starch adhesive and botanical combustion improver); 8 pcs per bag; bag size: 9.6*6.4*2 inches.
- 2. Packaging: Individual Kraft paper bag outer packaging; moisture-proof, dust-proof and long durability; Easy to take. Enjoy your barbecue anywhere any time, creating a sweet opportunity for family or lovers easier.
- 3. Usage: Place the paper bag directly at the bottom of the barbecue grill and ignite it with the Long lighter on its four corners. It can be ignited in 3 seconds, effectively avoiding the trouble which needs the ignition with fine firewood or hay outdoors.
- 4. Features: No ignition fuels required, fast, clean, no fumes and odorless, won't produce harmful fumes if burned. When the ignition charcoal starts to burn, put the barbecue charcoal evenly at the bottom of the grill to ignite.
- 5. Product Vision: Make BBQ easy for everyone and their family. Time of gathering is precious. More time can be spent on warm communication instead of waiting hungrily thanks to our new products with rapid ignition.
Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes
These premium charcoal briquettes work 25 percent faster than any other nationally available briquettes, ready to cook in about 15 minutes. The fire grooves make ignition much more comfortable, and they have more edges for faster cooking.
These are manufactured in the USA with 100 percent natural and real North American wood. These briquettes are available in various types and packages, making them suitable for every kind of outdoor grilling and smoking session.
You have a variety of options to choose from to suit your purpose. These briquettes have a very high rating on their packaging, flavor, and their ease of usage.
- Two 7.7 pound bags of Charcoal Briquettes
- Ready to cook in about 15 minutes, 25% faster as compared to other nationally available charcoal brands
- Sure Fire Grooves help coals light faster
- More edges for quick, easy lighting as compared to other nationally available charcoal brands
- Made in the USA with 100% natural North American ingredients and real wood
Weber 1790 Briquettes
Weber charcoal briquettes are 100 percent natural, containing no fillers, additives, or chemical ingredients. These briquettes can burn consistently for up to 3 hours. They come in an airtight and weather resistant packaging, making them portable and ideal for use at outdoor grilling and smoking sessions.
The new and improved packaging is also recyclable and resealable, in keeping with the sustainable development norms. It does not let out any harmful gases or odor, and customer reviews say that the smoke does not lead to headaches.
These briquettes have a very high rating when it comes to flavor and packaging. However, burning these briquettes might expose you to soot, so it is recommended that you read the precaution statement on the website before buying the product.
- Mesquite wood chips
- Big bold flavor
- Great with pork, lamb, & beef
- 192 cu. in. (0.003 m^3) sized bag
Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes with Mesquite
The unique feature of this premium Kingsford Original Charcoal briquettes is that they contain Mesquite, which lends a very savory and smoky flavor to the food. These infused charcoal briquettes give an authentic barbeque experience, along with a delicious, mouth-watering aroma.
The sure-fire groves have edges to ensure a 25% faster ignition, with the briquettes being ready for cooking only in about 15 minutes. It reaches searing high temperatures, and the heat is very long-lasting, which allows you to cook for a long time on slow, consistent heat. These briquettes are also very durable and release little to no residue, making cleaning up much more comfortable.
They do not release any harmful smoke or odor while burning, even for a long time. These charcoal briquettes have a very high customer rating when it comes to temperature control and flavor. They are made in the USA using all-natural ingredients in a hygienic facility.
- One 8 pound bag of Kingsford original charcoal briquettes with mesquite
- Made with natural ingredients and real mesquite for a bold and smoky mesquite flavor
- Sure fire grooves have edges for quick, easy lighting
- Ready to cook on in about 15 minutes
- Lights 25% faster and Lasts Longer compared to other nationally available brands
Bayou Classic Natural Charcoal Briquettes
These briquettes use a natural, high-density hardwood that facilitates smoking and grilling. The ignition process is much faster, which significantly reduces the waiting period before you can start cooking.
These briquettes do not have any chemicals, additives, or fillers like crushed limestone or sawdust. This feature gives the meat a moist texture and a naturally smoky and tasty flavor. These charcoal briquettes are bound together with natural corn starch, so they do not release any harmful fumes or foul odor.
The flame is consistent and long-lasting, and the right mix of small and large briquettes ensures even heating. This, in turn, ensures that the food does not have cold spots or unnaturally hot spots. These briquettes have a favorable customer rating regarding flavor and value for money and most positive product reviews.
- High density hardwood for superior grilling performance
- 100-percent natural briquettes faster lighting, consistent burn, long lasting
- 100-percent natural briquettes consist of same hardwood as bayou classic lump charcoal
- 100-percent natural briquettes produce less ash because of no chemical additives or fillers
- Enjoy natural grilling flavor
These are 10 of the best charcoal briquettes available for quality outdoor grilling and smoking.
All these briquettes are available on the official website of Amazon at very reasonable and economical prices.
So, you get to plan that perfect outdoor party, and rest assured that your perfect barbeque will be ready in no time with these premium briquettes!