The pogo stick is a device that has been around since the early 1900s, and it is also one of the most popular toys for children. However, there are some people who find pleasure in using this exercise equipment as adults too! It is often used to supplement more strenuous workouts or even just as part of an active lifestyle.
But can you lose weight by using a pogo stick? The answer is: maybe. There are many potential health benefits (and possible drawbacks) when it comes to this type of exercise – so we have done some research on what might be best for you if you are considering adding this toy to your workout routine.
- 1 What Is a Pogo Stick?
- 2 How To Use a Pogo Stick for Weight Loss?
- 3 Is There Any Evidence That Using a Pogo Stick Can Help with Weight Loss or Other Health-Related Goals?
- 4 Health Benefits of Jumping on A Pogo Stick
- 5 What Are the Potential Drawbacks?
- 6 Possible Risks Associated with The Use of a Pogo Stick
- 7 General Tips for Safe Hopping on The Toy
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
What Is a Pogo Stick?
Pogo sticks are a type of exercise equipment that has been around since the early 1900s, and they are also one of the most popular toys for children. However, there are some people who find pleasure in using this as adults too! It is often used to supplement more strenuous workouts or just as part of an active lifestyle.
Typically, these are used by jumping up and down on the spring-loaded stick, which will send you bouncing into the air.
How To Use a Pogo Stick for Weight Loss?
The truth is there is really no way to lose weight by using a pogo stick. It may appear that you are burning calories because of the up and down motion, but this type of exercise will not burn enough calories or lead to muscle development for people who are looking to shed pounds.
Is There Any Evidence That Using a Pogo Stick Can Help with Weight Loss or Other Health-Related Goals?
The answer is no. There are very few studies on the topic of pogo sticks review and weight loss, so it is difficult to draw a conclusion. The only study that I found was done by the U.S. National Center for Biotechnology Information in 2007 which showed “no significant association between use of pogo sticks and change in body mass index.”
Pogo sticks are a fun way to get active, but since they do not burn enough calories or have any proven health benefits for weight loss, it might be better to work out in other ways.
Health Benefits of Jumping on A Pogo Stick
There are many potential health benefits (and possible drawbacks) when it comes to this type of exercise – so we have done some research on what might be best for you if you are considering adding this toy to your workout routine.
For starters, jumping up and down while using a pogo stick is one way that someone could lose weight. Simply adding this to your workout routine could help with shedding a few pounds.
One of the benefits is that you will be able to burn calories while using it since aerobic exercise can lead to weight loss and an increase in metabolism. Fidgeting around on a pogo stick is also a type of light physical activity, which could help with weight loss.
What Are the Potential Drawbacks?
One major drawback to using this exercise equipment as an adult is that it can be harder for your joints and muscles than more strenuous exercises – so if you are over the age of 40 or have any pre-existing injuries, you may want to consider using it at a low intensity or not at all.
Another drawback is that if someone becomes too dependent on the pogo stick as their main form of exercise, they might neglect more strenuous workouts like running or weightlifting – which could lead to muscle loss and an unhealthy lifestyle overall. If you are using it for weight loss, you might want to consider balancing the pogo stick with more strenuous workouts.
Possible Risks Associated with The Use of a Pogo Stick
There are some risks that come with using a pogo stick as exercise equipment – so you will want to consult your primary care provider or another medical professional before deciding if this is the right activity for you.
One of the potential downsides can be injuries due to falls, which could lead to fractures in bones and scrapes on the skin. It is also possible for people to land wrong and injure their back, so you will want to be careful when using this equipment.
General Tips for Safe Hopping on The Toy
Since this is a toy that is often used by children, there are some general tips for anyone who wants to use it as an adult. This includes:
- Make sure the surface you are jumping on is flat and level so that you do not risk injury due to falls or landings.
- Wear shoes with good traction, if possible, to avoid slipping and falling while using the pogo stick
- Do not let children use it as they might not be able to show restraint when jumping – which can lead to falls or injuries. If you have younger kids, make sure you are always supervising them.
- Make sure that any area where someone is likely going to jump is clear of anything they could trip over
- Always jump in a straight line, as doing so will help with balance. It is also important to make sure that you are only jumping up and down on the pogo stick – not side to side or swinging from it.
How much does a pogo stick cost?
Pogo sticks typically cost between $120 and $160.
Where can I buy one and what should I look out for when buying one?
You can purchase a pogo stick from Amazon at the following link:
- ✔️ AWESOME DESIGN: Super fun pogo stick for kids ages 5 to 10 years old. This high performance...
- ✔️ SAFETY FIRST: The Aero Advantage pogostick for kids from Think Gizmos is made to rigorous...
- ✔️ BUILT TO LAST: This jumping stick for boys and girls is covered in foam and very well built...
- ✔️ KEEP ACTIVE: The rubber tip will help maintain control, keep kids jumping and active for a...
- ✔️ PLAY & DEVELOP: An awesome way for children to develop skills, improve balance and...
Pogo sticks usually come with protective gear like helmets and knee pads to prevent injury while jumping. You will also want to make sure that it is safe for your weight by checking its maximum weight limit before you buy one. It should be between 160 pounds and 200 pounds.
Pogo sticks are a great way to get your heart pumping and have some fun while you are at it. They can also be used as an excellent cardio workout, but they should not replace other forms of exercise if weight loss is the goal.
If you want to increase your chances for success with pogo fitness, try incorporating them into a healthy lifestyle plan that includes balanced dieting and regular physical activity in addition to hopping on the stick every now and then!