Trimming the grass around your lawn is a very different task unless you have the right equipment to do it.
A Grass Trimmer is a perfect tool for this kind of job. A well-trimmed lawn looks so attractive and creates a calming atmosphere for passers-by.
In this guide, we will discuss how to choose the right trimmer for your yard. We will also discuss some major differences between Corded and Cordless Trimmers.
So, if you are confused about choosing the right timer for your yard then this guide must be helpful for you.
Corded String Trimmers (Electric)
Corded Trimmers are the perfect option if your main priority is power and convenience. But, if you do not have the access to a plug point nearby, then you cannot run the trimmer. Corded Trimmers have a massive amount of power which makes the trimming process very easy.
- Considered better for the environment.
- Produces no fumes.
- Very easy to start.
- Not so Expensive
- Creates very little noise.
- Requires a power source to run.
- Limited Cord Range
Cordless String Trimmer (Battery)
Cordless Trimmer is very convenient and light in weight. Their build structure is well balanced and can easily be used with hand. If you exert more pressure on the trimmer’s motor, it will result in drawing more battery than usual. The average battery backup of a Battery (Cordless) Trimmer is usually between 30 to 45 minutes.
- Very light in weight
- Easily be used with one hand.
- Limited battery
Which One to Choose- Corded or Cordless?
Most people prefer the Cordless Trimmers over the Corded one because it makes them easier to work while walking in the yard. The cordless Trimmer can reach any location in your backyard. But when it comes to runtime Corded trimmers are considered best.
So, it mainly depends upon the size of your yard. If a range is not the main problem, then you can choose the corded trimmer easily. And, if you have a larger yard then it is recommended to choose the cordless grass trimmers which you can take anywhere without any restrictions in movement.
Best Corded String Trimmers
1. Black + Decker String Trimmer
Black Decker is one of the most famous brands when it comes to trimmers.
- It comes with a powerful 5 Amp motor.
- It has a cutting width of 14 inches.
- Comes with 2 years warranty.
- Capable of giving 8000 RPM.
- It has a decent build quality.
- Automatic Feed Spool (AFS) technology of the edger/trimmer eliminates bumping for hassle-free line...
- The 6.5 amp motor and POWERDRIVE Transmission of the grass cutter provide maximum performance when...
- 2-in-1 trimmer/edger with wheeled edge guide - just rotate to convert from lawn trimmer to wheeled...
- Lightweight design with adjustable handle and height positions provide maximum comfort and control
- Cord retention system prevents accidental cord disconnection
2. Greenworks Electric Corded String Trimmer
The Greenworks Electric Corded String Trimmer is also considered one of the best in the field of grass trimmers. It is one of the cheapest grass trimmers available in the market.
- It comes with an a4 amp electric motor.
- It has a cutting width of 13 inches.
- Comes with 4 years warranty.
- Its shaft has an adjustable height.
- Adjustable telescoping shaft to fit the user’s height. Convenient cord lock to prevent accidental...
- Lightweight construction
- Includes a 3 year warranty
Best Cordless String Trimmer
1. Worx GT2 Trimmer
Worx GT2 Trimmer is one of the best battery-powered Trimmers available in the market.
- It has a 3 in 1 function for grass trimming, edging, and mowing.
- It consists of two powerful Max Lithium Batteries
- It has a cutting diameter of 12.”
- Comes with a warranty of 3 years.
- Three powerful yard tools in one: convert from a string trimmer to a walk-behind wheeled edger or...
- 100% single line feed, so no bumping to extend the line, comes with Free Spools for Life
- Two high-capacity 32V MaxLithium batteries means longer lasting performance without self-discharge
- Quick-release lever for fast telescopic height adjustments, and for the 90-degree tilting head
- 12-inch cutting diameter with adjustable spacer guard to protect plants, flower, and garden...
2. Craftsman V20 String Trimmer
The Craftsman V20 string trimmer is a powerful cordless trimmer and comes with a 20V battery.
- It has a variable speed control which helps in extending battery life.
- It has a line diameter of 0.08 inches.
- It has a cutting width of 13 inches.
- EXTENDED RUN TIME: 2 Speed Settings lets you choose more power or more runtime
- TURN TO EDGE: For both edging and trimming
- ADJUSTABLE: Ergonomic adjustable length pole to fit your height
- PUSH BUTTON FEED: Allows you to control the 0.080 inch twisted line feed with the push of a button
- EFFICIENCY: 13 inch cutting swath allows for added efficiency
Grass Trimmers are the best tool switch that can do the job easier, but most people confuse between corded or cordless ones. You can choose the trimmer according to your own needs and priorities.
If the power source is the main priority, then we suggest you go with the corded ones, and if you do not want any restriction in movement then you can choose the cordless one which you can take anywhere.
This is all about this guide. We hope that you enjoyed reading about the main differences between corded and cordless trimmers. If you have any questions or queries regarding the topic, then feel free to ask us by commenting down below.