It is no secret that people love rocks. Ever since our ancestors have been collecting rocks, they have always had value. Valuable stones are now more popular than ever. The amazing thing about them is you can sell them for a profit! In this guide, we will talk about how to identify valuable stones and the best way to go about selling them.
This includes a list of the most popular types of rocks and even some tips on how not to get ripped off by others in the process. So, if you are thinking, “I want my rocks off,” then keep reading!
- 1 What Are Rocks and How Are They Valuable?
- 2 How Do I Identify Valuable Stones?
- 3 A-List of The Most Popular Types of Rocks and Their Values
- 4 How Do I Know If My Valuable Rock Is Worth Anything?
- 5 Selling Your Valuable Stone for A Profit
- 6 What Should I Do Before Selling Valuable Stones?
- 7 How Do I Not Get Ripped Off While Selling Valuable Stones?
- 8 Conclusion
What Are Rocks and How Are They Valuable?
Rocks are valuable because they offer privacy, provide a sense of tranquility, and come in diverse shapes, sizes, colors, and textures. With valuable rocks in your backyard, you can create your own rock garden to call your own!
There are valuable rocks found all over the world, and you would be surprised at how potentially you can find a valuable stone in your own backyard. But some of them have a higher value than others. For example, valuable gemstones such as diamonds, emeralds, and rubies will usually fetch a higher price if you want to sell them for a profit.
Valuable rocks come in diverse shapes, sizes, colors, and textures, but some are more valuable than others because they are less common.
How Do I Identify Valuable Stones?
It is easy to collect valuable rocks! Just head to the nearest rock quarry or mining site. Make sure you are always wearing protective clothing and gloves, as valuable rocks are sharper than non-valuable ones.
The best way to identify valuable stones is by examining their size and shape, color, weight, shine (or lack of), hardness on a Mohs scale (how easily the valuable rock can be scratched and/or broken) presence or absence of inclusions, etc.
A-List of The Most Popular Types of Rocks and Their Values
- Diamonds: $3000+ per carat for a valuable diamond.
- Emeralds: Valuable emeralds can sell from anywhere between $20,000 and upwards of $100,000 per carat.
- Rubies: Valuable rubies are also quite expensive at around the same price as an emerald a square carat.
- Quartz: Valuable quartz can sell for anywhere from $100 and upwards of $300 per carat.
- Amethyst: Valuable amethysts are a common type that people will often find in places like Canada, Brazil, Uruguay, and the United States. They can sell for anywhere from $50 to upwards of $500 per
- Citrine: Valuable citrines are also quite common in places like Canada, Russia, and India. They are less common than other value types such as emeralds or rubies. They can sell for anywhere from $30 to upwards of $400 per carat.
- Jasper: Valuable jaspers come in a variety of colors and textures, which make them quite valuable. It has been said that there is no valuable type of valuable rock that can sell for more than a valuable jasper! They are valuable because they come in a variety of colors and textures. They are also valued because their coloration can range from a more valuable green to orange-red hues. Valuable jaspers can sell for anywhere between $40 and upwards of $600 per carat.
How Do I Know If My Valuable Rock Is Worth Anything?
Some valuable rocks are self-explanatory, such as diamonds, emeralds, or rubies. Other valuable rocks, such as valuable quartz, can be identified by their color. Valuable quartz will often have a pink or peach hue, while other valuable types of rocks might not necessarily look valuable from the start.
Selling Your Valuable Stone for A Profit
Once you have identified valuable rocks, it is time to sell them! Valuable stones are an excellent investment for collectors as well as investors that want to diversify their portfolio with valuable stones. The best way to sell valuable rocks is through a dealer or auction house, with the latter being more expensive.
What Should I Do Before Selling Valuable Stones?
Just like any other valuable item, make sure that it is in good condition when you want to sell them for a profit. This means identifying valuable stones, making sure they are valuable and not just a regular rock! Make sure that your valuable stone has no damage or fractures before you want to sell them.
Valuable types of rocks such as valuable gemstones are often sold in a package deal or as one of many valuable rocks. This way, the buyer cannot cherry-pick and find out which valuable rock is worth more to them than others!
How Do I Not Get Ripped Off While Selling Valuable Stones?
It is always important to be on your toes when you are selling valuable rocks! There are some ways that can help protect you from getting ripped off. For example, valuable stones are often sold in a package deal or as one of many valuable rocks. This way, the buyer cannot cherry-pick and find out which valuable stone is worth more to them than others!
There is no need to feel intimated by valuable stones because they are not all that different from non-valuable ones! They are just useful because of their rarity. So, the best thing you can do is to keep your cool and sell valuable rocks with confidence!
We hope this guide has helped demystify the process of identifying valuable stones and selling them. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at.