- 1 Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade Lawn Fertilizer
- 2 Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Fertilizer
- 3 Simple Lawn Solutions Lawn Fertilizer
- 4 American Hydro System Lawn Fertilizer
- 5 Miracle GRO Water Soluble Lawn Fertilizer
- 6 Scotts Green Mad Lawn Fertilizer
- 7 Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food Lawn Fertilizer
- 8 Azomite Micronized Lawn Fertilizer
- 9 Milorgranite Nitrogen Lawn Fertilizer
- 10 Final Words
The first thing that attracts your guests is a lush green lawn. It can be a place for gatherings and weekend barbeques. To make your lawn green and beautiful, you need to take good care of it.
Just as a human body needs a proper diet with carbohydrates, vitamins, proteins, minerals, etc., your lawn also needs the best fertilizers to provide the proper amount of nutrients to grow into a beautiful lawn.
Just imagine when your guests arrive, and they behold the green expanse. They will not be able to stop themselves from praising your lawn and enquiring about the secret recipe for the same.
While choosing the best fertilizer for your lawn, we should always keep in mind that it is during the springtime that you should fertilize your lawn.
Although the grass in your lawn needs to be fertilized at least four times in a year, the grass, when fertilized, should not only thicken itself but also be bright green without getting burnt.
There are many good fertilizers available in the market which you can quickly get in hand from your nearest shopping mart and use during the springtime and turn your lawn into an attractive green carpet.
Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade Lawn Fertilizer
- Natural Product - Composed of 2lbs of 100% Natural Product - Composed of 2lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed - Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included - Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application of diatomaceous earth on animal feed
- Supports a Great Cause - Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Made in the USA – Mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
This fertilizer from Diatomaceous Earth serves all the requirements for a healthy lawn. It is a multipurpose food-grade product that comes in powder form.
Being organic is environmentally safe. The minerals present in this product help your lawn to grow thick. It is a pocket, friendly, and easy to use. The only drawback of Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade Lawn Fertilizer is that it is not effective against fleas.
Scotts Turf Builder Lawn Fertilizer
- Fertilizer grows new grass 70% thicker and 35% quicker (when applied 2 weeks after seeding vs. unfed)
- Use when starting a new lawn, reseeding an existing one, or installing sod, sprigs, or grass plugs
- Contains a combination of nutrients to help grow strong roots
- Can be applied before or after planting new grass
- Covers up to 1, 000 sq. ft.
The Scotts Turn Fertilizer company is an expert in making Lawn food as it fertilizes the soil and kills fire ants present in your lawn with the effectiveness of more than six months. If you feed your lawn with this fertilizer, it helps in making the grass healthy.
It also protects your lawn from heat. It also performs the task of a lawn weed killer and leaves the grass in your lawn healthier. This fertilizer comes in granular form, making it easy to spread.
Simple Lawn Solutions Lawn Fertilizer
- Increase Vertical & Lateral Growth: Advanced Humic & Fulvic Acid Formula, Also Great for New Sod/Seeding
- Nitrogen & Phosphorus Fertilizer: Commercial Lawn Growth Boosting Formula in a Ready-To-Use Hose End Sprayer
- Use For Nutrient Deficiency, New Lawns and Lawn Repair: Concentrated Nutrients formulated to boost the growth of your lawn
- All Grass types: Including Bermuda, St. Augustine, Zoysia, Buffalo, Centipede, Florida Palmetto, Bahia, Fescue, Ryegrass & Kentucky Bluegrass
- Produced In The United States: Growth Booster is manufactured in the United States of America, by a family owned business with 25 years of former experience in the commercial professional turf industry.
This organic food-grade fertilizer comes in liquid form. It is safe for your lawn. Considered to be a pocket-friendly lawn fertilizer, it boosts your lawn, making it greener.
This fertilizer is entirely free from phosphorus, helping the soil improve its resistance power and protect it from heat and cold.
Since the Simple Lawn Solutions Lawn Fertilizer is organic, it is entirely free from chemicals and safe for kids and pets. It is ideal for all types of grasses.
American Hydro System Lawn Fertilizer
- Greens lawns fast
- Feeds landscapes automatically through irrigation system
- Formulated for continuous use
- Improves structural integrity of soil
- Treats up to 4,000 square feet per gallon
It is designed to be friendlier with your lawn, and it helps give your lawn a greener and thicker look. You need to feed your lawn with this fertilizer through a spray system or injections, and it will automatically feed your lawn.
Even a small amount of feeding with the American Hydro System Lawn Fertilizer will provide a beautiful look throughout the season. This product is entirely organic. It is a bit expensive but does its work to the fullest.
Miracle GRO Water Soluble Lawn Fertilizer
- Instantly feeds all grass types
- Encourages a soft green carpet of grass that will be the pride of the neighborhood
- Feeds up to 7,200 sq. ft.
- The fast way to a thick, green lawn
- For use with the Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder
True to its name, this water-soluble fertilizer is suitable for all types of grasses. It is a dry fertilizer that is soluble in water and is used both indoor and outdoor. Its effectiveness lasts up to 2 weeks. If it is regularly fed, it gives a solid foundation to your lawn.
It gets easily dissolved in water and can be instantly used on all types of grasses. It comes at an affordable price but has one major drawback. If it is not mixed correctly, it may burn your lawn. Similarly, if you apply it just before the rains, it may burn your lawn.
Scotts Green Mad Lawn Fertilizer
- Scotts Green Max Lawn FoodFL is a 2-in-1 formula: fertilizer and iron supplement
- Apply to any grass type, and see deep greening in 3 days
- Fertilizes lawns for up to 3 months
- Apply using a Scotts broadcast, rotary, drop, or Wizz spreader
- Covers up to 5, 000 sq. ft.
If you are in a hurry to make your lawn green and lush, this fertilizer is the best option as it provides a profound effect with three days when applied to your lawn. Scotts Green, Mad Lawn Fertilizer, is rich in nitrogen and potassium.
The nitrogen helps strengthen the grass blades, and the potassium maintains your lawn’s health in it. It comes in liquid form, making it easy to use. It even helps in removing weeds while being pocket friendly at the same time.
It is an all-season fertilizer. However, this fertilizer has certain drawbacks. It tends to stain the floor and emits a foul odor. In a hot climate, it may even burn your lawn.
Scotts Turf Builder Starter Food Lawn Fertilizer
- Great for sod and grass plugs
- 2-in-1 formula feeds new grass and prevents weeds
- Prevents crabgrass and dandelions for up to 6 weeks
- Weeds sprout white and die quickly, won't harm new grass
- Grows new grass quicker and thicker versus unfed lawn
As the name signifies, it caters to the unique needs of the seeds. It provides all the necessary nutrients essential for developing the lawn. It can be used in all seasons. Easy to spread, the Scotts Turn Builder Starter Food Lawn Fertilizer can quickly burn your lawn if used in higher quantities.
Azomite Micronized Lawn Fertilizer
- Micronized natural trace minerals
- Re-mineralizes soil for optimum growth
- Improves root systems, yields and plant health
- All purpose natural nutrient for organic use
- For all soil types
This fertilizer contains silica ore, which assists in re-mineralizing the soil. It is a water-soluble fertilizer, and if you plan to use it as a foliar spray, they should be enough pressure in the spray tank. It takes about four months to release its nutrients, and the only complaint against this product is its packaging.
Milorgranite Nitrogen Lawn Fertilizer
If you are looking for an eco-friendly fertilizer, you can always opt for the Milorgranite Nitrogen Lawn Fertilizer. This fertilizer improves the growth of your lawn. The best thing about this eco-friendly fertilizer is that it does not need to be watered, and it never burns your lawn.
It can be applied during any time of the year and is suitable even in dry areas. The fertilizer is 100% organic, is safe for kids, elders, and pets. However, it is a bit expensive and emits a foul odor.
With more and more people opting for homes with lawns, the need for identifying the right fertilizer for your lawn has gained importance. However, it would help if you always kept a few things in mind before selecting the best fertilizer for your lawn.
First and foremost is the type of grass, as different grasses require different fertilizers. The fertilizers available in the market have pros and cons of their own, so you need to know about the fertilizers’ effectiveness and choose the one that best suits you.
Even your lawn can have some problems, so before deciding to buy fertilizer, try to find out the problems to choose the right fertilizer from the market. Fertilizers come in different forms, like granules or liquid. You must choose the one which is easy for you to handle.
Before picking up a fertilizer, you also need to know about any allergies your pets or kids, or any family member may be suffering from. Some fertilizers are known to be toxic and may be harmful to your loved ones.
Climate and area also play an essential role in your lawn’s health, and all fertilizers available may not be suitable for your type of lawn, so do check the description given at the back before picking up a packet.
Some fertilizers come with a single nutrient, and others with multi-nutrients. So it would help if you decided whether to pick up more than one or go for a single packet. Application of fertilizers to your lawn also varies from one fertilizer to another; some are to be used once a year while some are after an interval of a few months.
Whenever you plan to fertilize your lawn, do keep in mind that miracles do not happen overnight. You need to work on your lawn regularly and groom it for at least 2 to 3 months to get the best result.