- 1 6 Low Light Indoor Trees for Your Home
- 2 3 Low Light Indoor Plants for Your Home
- 3 Conclusion
Indoor Gardening is the most popular way of Gardening because, in this busy world, Most people cannot make a particular space for Gardening. As we know, Gardening is a vast activity; it requires a lot of space to make a proper garden.
But in Indoor Gardening, there is no such need for space. Indoor Gardening is usually beneficial for indoor spaces like people living in homes or apartments, Offices, Restaurant, or any other place.
All you need to do is buy some pots according to your ease in size and plant some flowers and herbs in it. It has many benefits as it provides us such a peaceful atmosphere, and it enhances the beauty of our home.
As we know, Trees and Plants are excellent air purifiers. Indoor Gardening will improve the air quality of your home. It regulates the temperature across the home. There are a lot of techniques that you can use for indoor Gardening.
For example. Stacked Gardening, Vertical Gardening, Standalone wall gardening, etc. But there are some issues in indoor Gardening like proper sunlight. Sunlight is one of the most needed things for a plant to grow properly.
It would help if you gardened where the proper sunlight is available in your home. Or you can plant some Low Light Indoor Trees and Plants as they’re not much needed for sunlight compared to other trees or plants.
Today, we will tell you about Best 6 Low Light Indoor Trees and Large Plants for Your Home.
6 Low Light Indoor Trees for Your Home
Low light indoor trees are quite beneficial as it can grow even in low sunlight. Here are 6 Low Light Indoor Trees and Large Plants for Your Home that you should plant if you are looking for indoor Gardening.
1. Rubber Tree (Ficus Elastica)
- Easy to grow house plant
- Great for the house, apartment, office or dorm
- Provide bright, indirect or artificial light
- Trim as needed
- The plant you will receive is growing in a 6" pot
Ficus Elastica, also known as the rubber fig, rubber tree, rubber plant, or Indian rubber tree, is a plant species in the fig genus, native to eastern parts of South Asia and Southeast Asia. It has become naturalized in Sri Lanka, the West Indies, and the US State of Florida.
A Rubber Tree is one of the most popular indoor trees or plants. It can grow 6 to 10 feet tall when indoors. It is an excellent choice if you are looking for a low light tree as it can perform well in shady and bright areas.
Rubber Trees can adapt to a low light environment, and 4 hours of daily indirect sunlight is enough for them. Rubber Tree is easy to maintain and care for when the soil is moist. It helps to clear air to remove toxins.
2. Madagascar Dragon Tree (Dracaena Marginata)
Dracaena Marginata also is known as Dragon Tree or Madagascar Dragon Tree, is an excellent choice for low light trees. We often see these trees in homes, offices, or other commercial areas as it doesn’t require direct sunlight. The origin of the Dracaena Marginata is Madagascar, Mauritius.
Dragon Tree can grow 10 to 15 feet tall if placed in the right conditions. They need less water. Usually, water them once a week and keep the soil slightly moist. Dragon Tree requires a daily dose of 4-6 hours of indirect sunlight and gives them a few hours of shade as it will help prevent the leaves from burning.
Keep an eye on the leaves; if they turn brownish, it means you are giving too much sunlight. You can prune the leaves which are ready to fall so that it’ll look even more attractive. One thing you should keep in mind that this tree is toxic for both cats and dogs.
3. Areca Palm Tree
- Heat up any dull space with this lovely Asian goddess. Straight from the tropics, this exotic silk Areca palm makes a great conversation piece. Standing 56 inches tall, it’s sure to demand the attention of all who enter the room. Slender wispy alternating leaves cover each carefully crafted stem. A stylish wicker basket filled with artificial moss is all the attention this breathtaking tree requires
- Shop with confidence knowing our collections "look so real, they're Nearly Natural!". We source products with a sound and in-depth knowledge of our industry - Nature
- Overall Product Dimensions: 32 In. W x 30 In. D x 56 In. H; Basket Planter Dimensions: W: 10 in, H: 9 in. Measurements are calculated from each furthest outstretched dimension
- No Maintenance Required; No Watering. Looks full and fresh every day; wipe clean with a soft dry cloth. This item may need to be re-shaped when removed from box and can easily bend for reshaping purposes - please separate and fluff the stems and leaves to achieve desired fullness
- Spruce up any space with lovely palm adorned with 32 leaves, sitting in a wicker basket
The Areca Palm Tree is one of the best low light indoor growing trees because of its low sunlight requirement. Areca is a genus of about 50 species of palms in the family Arecaceae, found in humid tropical forests from the Philippines, Malaysia, and India, across Southeast Asia to Melanesia.
Areca Palm Tree can grow 6 to 7 feet tall. If you have a south or west-facing window, then it’ll be much easier for you to grow the Areca palm tree. They can live up to 10 years with proper care and maintenance. You can water them usually once in 2-3 days.
Too much direct sunlight will make the leaves yellowish-green in color. It requires 4-5 hours of daily indirect sunlight. Keep the soil slightly moist as it helps them to grow healthy. It helps to clean air and to remove pollutants.
4. Kentai Palm Tree (Howea Forsterana)
- 【Highly Realistic Design】 Contains 16 pieces fronds with 460+ textured leaves which made of rubber silk fabric, the pot is covered with a layer of real moss, these designs make it to be life-like in appearance.
- 【Image-2 Item Dimensions】Overall tree is 5.2 ft height and 3.2 ft width. The black nursery pot is 7 inch tall and 8 inch width, it is made of hard PP material with cement poured inside, cement ensures the overall stability of the standing tree, so trunks and the pot can not be separated, we suggest to placing it in bigger decorative planter to make the feaux tree be more perfect.
- 【Why Choose Artificial Trees】 They are eternally deep green and full, leafs never fall, maintenance-free, no watering, no mosquito, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth or duster when it get dusty. It will create a natural atmosphere wherever you place it. For outdoors, we recommend to place it in a covered area to avoid direct sunlight.
- 【Safe Materials】 All materials are flame-retardant treated, RoHS certified, without any odor, so it is no problem even if placed in a sealed environment.
- 【Reminders】 All the leaves and branches are installed already when you receive, just need only 2-3 minutes to shape it to reach its fullest size when removed from the secure box. All the branches are outfitted with sturdy metal wires so they could be adjusted different position as needed, they also strong enough to support mini lights, money, and other small items or nice pendants.
Howea Forsterana, also known as the Kentai Palm tree, is one of the best trees indoors. The Kentia palm is native to Lord Howe Island off the east coast of Australia. Their growth is relatively slow compared to other trees.
Kentia Palm Tree can grow up to 45 feet tall if kept under suitable conditions with proper care and maintenance. It is a slow-growing tree and can reach up to 45 feet tall, but Indoor Kentia Palm usually grows 6 to 12 feet tall.
It is a popular houseplant and can tolerate low light conditions. Direct sunlight is prohibited as it’ll burn this tree. It requires slightly moist soil. Water this tree when 1 or 2 inches of the topsoil is dried out. Overwatering will cause the drowning of roots, and it can kill even kill your palm tree. Mist palm fronds monthly to remove dust and increase humidity.
5. Ficus Bonsai Tree (Fig Tree)
- Contents: bonsai, decorative container (assorted colors & styles), soil, Care instructions.
- Species: in the Ficus family, The golden gate variety is the Best for growing indoors. The attractive gray trunk is thick and sturdy topped by small, dark green oval foliage.
- Age/size/Care: your medium 7 Year old bonsai will arrive at 8" To 10" Tall in a 8" Container and will perform Best indoors (see detailed care instructions in images)
- Uses: Ideal mother’s day gift, office & cubicle décor or a centerpiece for any kitchen Table, desktop, window plant or outdoor décor.
- : Your bonsai tree has been grown in a state-of-the-art greenhouse under precisely controlled conditions to achieve optimum health. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your tree or with our service, please notify us within 30 days of receipt. We will correct the situation to your satisfaction.
Fig Tree, also is known as Ficus Bonsai Tree, is a great low light indoor tree. Bonsai trees are originated from Chinese Empires, which later Japanese copied and adapted.
Ficus Bonsai Tree can grow up to 15 feet tall indoors if kept under reasonable care and maintenance. Bonsai has a lot of varieties like orange, green, pink, etc. Ordinary, it’ll grow around 4-8 feet tall. Ficus Bonsai Tree prefers slightly moist soil. Therefore, make sure that the soil should not dry completely.
They require about 5 hours of direct or indirect sunlight to grow well. Water this tree whenever the soil looks dry. It’s easy to take care of this tree indoors. Ficus bonsai trees are long-living trees. One of the Ficus Bonsai trees in Italy is reported 1000 years old. So, you can imagine their lifespan.
6. Umbrella Tree (Schefflera Arboricola)
- These look brilliant just about anywhere in your home but look particularly nice in conservatories or windowsills. These are highly realistic artificial plants
- This artificial plant stands 75cm high x 45cm wide x 45cm length when arranged as shown in the pictures.
- This particular Leaf Colour is an exact REPLICA of the variation known as gold Capella. We have other colour versions of the same plant available
- It has 450 leaves (approx. )
- Stems are fully wired so this plant is highly customisable to fit your space perfectly
Schefflera Arboricola, also known as Umbrella trees, is one of the best low light indoor trees. They require less maintenance and care, along with less sunlight compared to other ordinary trees. Their native place is Taiwan as well as Hainan.
Umbrella Trees can grow around 25-30 feet tall if planted outdoor, whereas it can max out 8-10 feet tall indoors. They are the best indoor trees if you have a north-facing window. Unlike the Ficus bonsai tree, Umbrella trees are fast-growing trees and need regular pruning to keep it at the desired height.
It requires low maintenance and care, and this tree has bright green leaves, which are quite attractive and beautiful. Water this tree thoroughly, Water them whenever the soils dry out. Umbrella trees require an adequate amount of indirect sunlight. Ensure that your tree should not be in contact with direct sunlight as it can burn their leaves.
3 Low Light Indoor Plants for Your Home
1. ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia)
- The zz plant is one of the easiest houseplants to grow. Low maintenance, drought tolerant, excellent indoor plant. Great for beginner plant parents.
- Ships well rooted in a Costa Farms brand grower pot. Plant height at shipping ranges from 12 to 14-inches tall, measured from the bottom of the pot to top of the plant.
- Tolerates being in rooms with any light condition; water when soil is dry, drain any excess water.
- Grown by the experts at Costa Farms; ships fast, direct from our farm to your home.
- For questions about your plant please don't hesitate to contact us at questions@costafarms.
Zamioculcas zamiifolia is also known as ZZ Plant. If you have a busy schedule and often forget to water your plants, the ZZ plant will be the best choice for you as it can even survive in occasionally watering.
ZZ Plant do quite well in low light. It can grow around 2-3 feet tall. Water this plant when the top 1-2 inches surface of the soil dries out. Wipe out the dust on leaves with a clean and a little wet cloth.
2. Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans)
- DRACAENA - a tropical palmlike plant that is famous as a greenhouse or indoor plant. Originated from Africa. Easy to grow and doesn't require much attention. It is also known for its air purifying benefit by removing chemicals and other toxins in the air.
- GROWING DRACAENA - In growing your Dracaena plant, you must know that it requires a well drained soil. Do not over water your plant, water only when you thinks it's needed as over watering can cause the leaves to be yellowish and sooner the plant may die. Appropriate fertilization is also needed. Grows well with full shade of sun.
- PRUNING DRACAENA PLANT - If you notice, yellow and brown leaves of your plant just simply cut those and remove. New growth from your plant can be replanted in a seperate pot to grow another Dracanea plant.
- The Creme &Green Corn Plant - Dracanea that you will be receiving in your purchase is potted in a 6'' inch pot
- Proudly Homegrown by Hirt's Garden's
Dracaena Fragrans, also is known as Corn Plant, is one of the popular houseplants and relatively easy to grow. Corn Plant looks quite attractive. It can grow up to 4-6 feet tall. Direct sunlight is prohibited as it may even burn the leaves of the plant.
The low light condition with indirect sunlight will be the best environment for this plant. It will purify the air and remove toxins in rooms. It can even produce fragrance in rooms along with creamy-white flowers.
3. Snake Plant (Sansevieria Trifasciata)
- The Snake Plant features stiff, upright, sword-like leaves banded or edged in gray, silver, or gold.
- Add life to any room at home, a porch or patio, or share the green with the office
- Grows best near a sunny window, can tolerate low light. Water when the top couple inches of the soil are dry
- Height at shipping is approximately 12 inches tall, measured from the bottom of the pot to the top of the plant
- Ships in a lightweight, 6-inch diameter decor planter; made from a 100% recyclable #5 material. To avoid water spillage, this container does not have holes
Sansevieria Trifasciata also is known as Snake Plant, handles low light conditions with ease. It has leaves structured like swords. These leaves can grow up to 3 feet in height or even more. This houseplant is best for those homes where the sun exposure isn’t much. It’s easy to take care of this plant. Make sure not to overwater the snake plant as it is hazardous for their roots.
So, it was the post about Best Low Light Indoor Trees and Large Plants for Your Home. If you like the post, then feel free to share it with your friends and family.
If you have any queries and suggestions regarding this post, let us know in the comment section.