Whenever it is time to cook anything innovative, regular veggies, chickens might get boring. Sausages then become our life savior in satisfying your family’s taste buds. Sausages are so versatile that you can use it in any cuisine.
It just rocks you in front of your guests and will give you appraisals. Here are the top smoked sausage recipes which you can make within a short span. All these recipes have touched almost every type of food, be it pasta, sweet, salad, dinner.
So, you can make it anytime to satisfy your hunger. Here, the sausages are used from the Hillshire Farm brand, as this is readily available; you can use any other preferable brand of your choice.
Best Smoked Sausage Recipes
1. Smoked Sausage Muffin Pizzas with Cheddarwurst
- One package Hillshire Farm Cheddarwurst Smoked Sausage (You can use any brand)
- 6 English muffins
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- Two green onions (chopped)
- One large tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut sausages into ½ “slices. Separate English muffins into halves and place them on a baking sheet.
- Spread each muffin with pizza sauce, top with sausage, green onions, tomato, and cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Once the cheese is melted, and the sausages are hot, taken out, and served.
2. Chicken Smoked Sausage with Couscous
- One package Hillshire Farm Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage (You can use any brand of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Three red apples (medium, chopped, about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- Two tablespoons slivered almonds (toasted, optional)
- Cut sausage into 1/2″ pieces. Apply cooking/oil spray on a large non-stick pan. Heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add sausage and cook, frequently stirring 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add water, apple, raisins, and cinnamon to skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and green onion. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds before serving, if desired.
3. Smoked Sausage and Pepper Skillet with Hillshire Farm Naturals
- One package Hillshire Farm Naturals® Uncured Polska Kielbasa
- 1 cup red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup orange bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 white onion
- 6 ounces dry wild brown rice
- crushed red chili flakes
- Cook rice according to instructions given in the package.
- Slice sausage into coin shape and heat it in a large skillet over high temperature for 2-3 minutes or until browning starts.
- Add the bell peppers and onions, cook it for an additional 3 minutes over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and toss in the rice. Heat for an additional 5 minutes, stirring often. Finish with red chili flakes.
4. Sweet and Sour Smoked Sausage
- One package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage (You can use any brand of your choice)
- Two red bell peppers (or green, cut into strips)
- One onion (cut into ½” pieces)
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 cup prepared sweet and sour sauce
- 4 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Cut sausage into ½” slices. Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high for 3 minutes. Add sausage, peppers, and onion; cook, continually stirring 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in pineapple and sauce; cook 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over hot cooked rice.
5. Smoked Sausage Skillet Cassoulet
- One smoked pork sausages (kielbasa, about 12-16 ounces)
- One onion (large, thinly sliced)
- Two cloves garlic (crushed)
- One tablespoon vegetable oil
- One apple (medium, cored, and chopped)
- One teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 5 ounces diced tomatoes (in juice)
- 15 ounces Great Northern Beans (drained)
- 10 ounces baby lima beans (frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a large, heavy casserole, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat; stir it with apple, herbs, tomatoes, beans, broth, and tomato paste. Stir to blend well. Add sausage.
- Please bring it to a boil, cover with a lid, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer for 25-30 minutes until thoroughly heated. Serve topped with croutons and chopped parsley.
6. Sheet Pan BBQ Smoked Sausage Dinner
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- 1-pound potatoes (small white, about 3 cups washed, and halved or quartered)
- One teaspoon of sea salt
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-pound smoked sausage (kielbasa sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups broccoli florets (washed and trimmed)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Toss the washed potatoes with olive oil and spices. Bake it on a sheet pan for 15 minutes.
- Slice the sausages into thin pieces and coat them in a barbecue sauce.
- After potatoes are baked, add these slices with broccoli to the sheet pan and make for 5-7 more minutes, or until the meat is softened and broccoli is tender.
- Spread cheddar cheese for garnishing and serve.
7. Smoked Sausage Alfredo with Hillshire Farm
- 1/4 cup chives (optional)
- One package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage (You can use any brand of your choice)
- 8 ounces pasta (cooked, drained)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Two teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain, keep it aside.
- Sauté the sausages in a large pan over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add cream and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add cherry tomatoes and chives, if desired. Add pasta to the sauce and toss
8. Smoked Sausage Gnocchi with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1-pound gnocchi
- One package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
- 1/4 cup julienne sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Two cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- PREPARE gnocchi according to directions; drain and keep warm.
- COOK and stir sausage, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes in oil a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or so, until sausage is lightly browned.
- STIR in spinach; stir gently until spinach wilts. Stir in gnocchi, heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve immediately.
9. Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese with Lit’ l Smokies
- One package Hillshire Farm Cheddar Lit’l Smokies Smoked Sausage (you can use any other brand)
- 25 ounces macaroni and cheese mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 75 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- One tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Open the package of Lit’ l Smokies and drain off any liquid; set aside. Cook macaroni in a large pan with boiling water for 7 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the macaroni, cheese sauce packet, milk, and butter. Stir it well until butter is melted. Stir in mushroom soup, parsley, and Lit’ l Smokies.
- Place mixture in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until heated.
10. Cabbage and Sauerkraut with Smoked Sausage
- One package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage (You can use other brands as well)
- 1/4-pound bacon (chopped)
- One onion (sliced)
- One carrot (cut into ½ “slices)
- 1/2 head cabbage (cut into quarters and thinly sliced)
- 14 ounces sauerkraut (drained)
- 1 cup beer (or non-alcoholic beer)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- One teaspoon caraway seed
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut sausage into ¼” slices; set aside. Cook bacon in a 5-6-quart pan over medium heat until crisp. Add carrot and onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except sausage. Please bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a large non-stick pan/skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Cook sausage, frequently stirring for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add sausage to cooked cabbage mixture and cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve.
11. Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Rice Skillet
- One package Hillshire Farm Cheddarwurst Smoked Sausage
- One yellow onion (chopped)
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms (drained, optional)
- One red bell pepper (cut into ½” strips)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 75 ounces condensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cut the sausages on an angle into 1/2-inch slices. Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- Heat a large pan in medium heat for 2 minutes or so; add sausage, onions, and peppers. Cook, frequently stirring, 5-6 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook 3-4 minutes, occasionally stirring until peas are hot.
- Gently stir the cooked rice, soup, milk, and mushrooms if desired, heat through.