Packing your stuff for a house move?
Well, there are many packing supplies that are used to wrap other than a 12 ft trampoline
and protect your belongings during the whole process of house moving.
However, plastic wrap is one of the most useful and multipurpose packing materials.
From protecting your furniture items to keeping closet drawers closed, here are various ways to use plastic wrap when moving:
Plastic wrap is most suitable for packing heavy furniture items like beds, headboards, sofas, and dining table without leaving a sticky residue or ruining polish.
Perks of wrapping furniture items with a plastic wrap are:
- Protection against any damages and scratches while loading and transporting stuff during the move
- Keeps furniture blankets and other padding material in place
- Maximises space in the moving truck for other belongings
- Holds furniture parts together
- Protect your furniture from dirt and grease
- Keeps furniture and cabinets drawers closed
Above all, clean and completely dry your furniture especially the expensive wooden gate designs before using a plastic wrap. To make the whole process of moving a breeze, hire a moving company. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/cheap-movers-canberra/ and request a moving quote.
Wondering how to carry a bottle full of olive oil or any other liquid jar that may leak all over your luggage?
Use plastic wrap to prevent liquids from spilling– make them leakproof!
All you have to do is:
- remove the caps of all the bottles
- place plastic wrap over the mouth openings
- secure it with a rubber band
- place the caps back on
- and your bottle is ready to transport
This is the perfect solution to carry everything from kitchen ingredients to bathroom products such as liquid wash.
Padding and packing materials are important to protect your household items from getting scratched during the move.
However to keep these supplies in place and secure, use plastic wrap.
For instance, after covering your furniture items with a moving blanket or bubble wrap, wrap them with a thick layer of plastic wrap to hold wrappings in place.
The plastic wrap provides an extra layer of protection to your items against dust, dirt and moisture.
Before wrapping your items with plastic wrap, completely clean and dry your items.
If moisture gets trapped underneath the plastic wrap, it can result in mould growth on the items.
Packing plastic wrap can help you organise and hold items together during the move.
You can use it to:
- wrap power cords, chargers and wires
- stack smaller moving boxes together
- pack electronic parts together
- stack and secure silverware, office materials, etc.
- bundle up bed rails, curtain rods, mops, and other odd-shaped items
- keep lightweight items like pillows and soft toys together
- keep rugs, mats, and carpets tightly rolled
Above all, plastic wrap ensures the safety of your stuff and offers you peace of mind when moving house.
You can easily buy a plastic wrap from any grocery or moving store.
Have a safe relocation!