When it comes to doing odd jobs around the house, a ladder often acts as a saving grace. Allowing you to reach those awkward places easily and safely, whilst providing a stable place to work from. However, many homeowners often get confused about which type of ladder is best to use for their given task and can end up purchasing the wrong kind. Many people consider buying wooden ladder but there are still some who make their own ladder. If you are one of those then you can go with log splitter rental to save the production cost.
Well, if you fall into this bracket and are scratching your head about which type of ladder you’re better off purchasing for your home, a combination ladder is the way to go!
What is a combination ladder?
A combination ladder is a ladder that can be configured in multiple ways thanks to the different sections it is built with, offering a climbing solution for a range of varying tasks. These come in handy when certain types of ladders are unsuitable for a given task e.g. you wouldn’t use a double extension ladder on your stairs to apply some wallpaper or you wouldn’t want to use a step ladder to clean your gutters.
Some ladder types make certain tasks difficult to achieve or can even place you in danger. As a result, having a ladder that can be set up in multiple ways becomes a lifesaver, allowing you to chop and change its configuration to meet the demands of the task at hand.
Benefits of a combination ladder
There are multiple benefits that you can gain by purchasing and using a combination ladder. Here are the top four:
- Safety – As we mentioned briefly, one of the benefits of using a combination ladder over other ladder types is that it offers a higher degree of safety when a certain ladder isn’t suitable to a particular task. Combi ladders have more points of contact with the ground and are manufactured with braces which gets caught tightly with the surface even with the topsoil to add more stability. This drastically improves the safety of anyone using one regardless of the situation or task they find themselves in.
- Convenience – The second benefit of using a combination ladder is related to convenience. Having to stop and start your task to retrieve and assemble a particular type of ladder is inconvenient and time-consuming, especially if you find yourself working alone. A combination ladder, again, allows you to configure it in multiple ways meaning you don’t need to keep changing ladder types when changing tasks.
- Transport & Storage – As a result of not having to purchase multiple types of ladders and using just one combination ladder, you avoid the stressful and annoying task of finding the space to store all of your ladders. This is particularly helpful when travelling around for work for example. Having to store and transport one ladder instead of three or four saves a lot of time and effort and offers more space for other household or work items.
- Cost-Effective – Of course, having multiple ladder types means having to make multiple purchases, which can be very costly. By purchasing one combination ladder that can act as numerous ladder types, you can save yourself a heap of money that can be put towards other home improvements.
Types of combination ladders
As well as having different types of ladders to choose from, such as step, extension and roof, there are also different types of combination ladders that you can buy. Just like other ladders, these are designed and manufactured to suit your individual needs, so picking the right one is important!
- 3-section combination ladders
- 2-section combination ladders
- Combination ladders for stairs
- 3-way combination stair ladders
Before purchasing your combination ladder, be sure to find out which type it is as each offers slightly varying features that make certain jobs and applications easier to complete!
So, when it comes to purchasing a ladder for your home, you won’t find much better a combination ladder. These offer several benefits that other types do not, which save you both a lot of time and money in the long run that can be better spent on other things around the home or in general. Especially with the holidays right around the corner!