For many, an electronic cigarette is an irreplaceable thing in everyday life apart from how to revive lawn. For some people it’s help in quitting smoking. Others just love to steam. Therefore, when traveling to another country or city by plane, you should not forget to carefully study the transportation issues and the possibility of using electronic cigarettes on board. This is not something like identifying house plants which requires study rather you can be caught by just a popping sound from security machines out there.
Thirty years ago, passengers and crew members were allowed to smoke during flights, and non-smokers were forced to put up with it. That all changed when pressure from the flight attendant union convinced the US government to change the rules in the late 1980s. By 1990, cigarette smoking was banned on most domestic flights. For several years, smoking onboard has been entirely forbidden by almost all airlines in the world.
But what about vaping? This post will try to answer the most common questions that vapers may have when traveling abroad with your vaporizer. So let’s figure it out.
Air travel with dry herb vaporizer is pretty easy if you follow some basic rules and know the procedures. Most international airports have strict regulations on the transport of lithium-ion batteries on aircraft. Lithium-ion batteries in laptops and other electrical devices such as vape modules can catch fire. Therefore, keep lithium batteries in your carry-on baggage.
If possible, remove batteries from your mod before putting them in your carry-on luggage. Remember to use a battery cover to protect the batteries from short circuits. If you have a mod with a built-in battery, please make sure your mod is turned off, and the atomizer is disconnected.
If you forget the batteries in your suitcase, difficulties will arise. X-rays will check your baggage, and then, if the device is found, your best dry herb vaporizer will be seized by the airport staff. Or the airline can take your bag off the plane and leave it at the airport of departure. So this point is significant, do not neglect it.
Vape liquid is allowed both in hand luggage and in checked baggage. The hand luggage bottle volume must not exceed 100 ml (more must be packed in baggage). It is best not to take full sealed bottles because the pressure during a flight will expand the liquid, and if there is no room in the bottle, it can leak out or even cause the plastic bottle seams to crack. For the same reason, it is recommended that you remove all liquid from your atomizers.
If you usually use available atomizers like RDA and RTA, you might be flying with some tools. Scissors, pliers, screwdrivers, and any other sharp objects are not allowed in carry-on baggage unless they have rounded edges. Therefore, you must put all sharp tools and accessories of the best cannabis vaporizer in your luggage.
Vaping in public areas and toilets at airports is prohibited. It is also forbidden to use e-cigarettes on board the aircraft. For this, the same punishment threatens as for regular smoking cigarettes.
You may be tempted to get into the plane’s washroom for a quick couple of puffs after a few hours of flight. Think twice. Smoke detectors in aircraft toilets are susceptible. And the likelihood that they will work is very high.
We also recommend that you read the list of some airlines onboard which are strictly prohibited from smoking e-cigarettes. Your marijuana vaporizer has not been removed, at least. So, some of the most popular:
Not without states that can arrange several unpleasant moments. Please note that vaping is not encouraged in all of them. The list contains tourist destinations where it is impossible or not recommended to import electronic devices.
- Egypt. You can safely cross the border, even if you have a small number of mixtures. It is forbidden to bring in several suitcases, and travel bags since the presented substances’ sale is not allowed on the territory.
- Turkey. Be prepared to be thoroughly tested. There shouldn’t be any special difficulties.
- Thailand. There will be no problems at the airport with your best herb vaporizer. This is Thailand. However, it would help if you were careful on the city streets. Residents and authorities have a negative attitude towards this type of pastime, which is rather strange, given this country’s reputation.
- Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Do not tempt fate because you may face a seizure and end up in the police. Everything is very strict.
- India and Goa. Countries are preparing a law to ban vaping. Check this nuance before purchasing tickets.
Countries of the European Union. Restrictions have been put forward only on sale. This has nothing to do with personal use. The exceptions are Switzerland and Finland. States have fixed data on the import of nicotine and strong substances.
So, to summarize the general rules. It helps you try your best portable vaporizer safely.
- Electronic cigarettes can only be transported onboard the aircraft in carry-on baggage. Checking in luggage is strictly prohibited.
- You can take up to 5 such electronic devices. If you need more, you will have to pay a fee.
- It is often prohibited to hover on an airplane. However, some airlines do not have this prohibition. But it’s better to abstain.
- Hovering on the airport territory is also not desirable and is allowed only in specially designated areas.
As you can see, knowing a few simple but vital rules to travel with the vaporizer is very simple. Do not neglect the elementary rules of ethics so you can avoid conflict, and you can enjoy the smoke on the ocean shore.