You are sitting in your backyard, having a romantic date with your spouse, you are about to kiss, and bam, the mosquito interferes. Have you faced a similar situation before? Then, a mosquito fogger is a solution.
Mosquitoes not only ruin your beautiful moments but also make you itch everywhere, and they also happen to carry diseases like malaria.
So, how do you get rid of them? One way to do this is to use insecticides. There are many ways to execute this, but the most popular is spraying the large droplets in your backyard and killing the mosquitoes.
This system is called a mosquito fogger. It produces a mist that can hang longer in the air and goes dip into the foliage.
Pros of Mosquito Fogger
- This will ensure maximum comfort to your parties and camping. You can also use homemade mosquito fogger solution for such times.
- Regular fogging will help in controlling the mosquito ratio in your whole residential area.
- It has the potential to cover large areas and dense foliage.
- The choices of chemicals are unlimited when it comes to choosing for mosquito fogger.
- The fogger machines are lightweight and easy to use.
Cons of Mosquito Fogger
- Cold foggers require electricity which might add a burden to your upcoming energy bill.
- Thermal foggers are great but unsuitable for indoors; you might end up buying two, one for indoors and one for outdoors.
- The fogging process involves a lot of chemicals that invite a lot of care and caution.
When and where to Fog?
Most favorite time zones of mosquitoes are early mornings and late afternoons, and therefore, it is the best time to fog and get of the mosquitoes. Mosquitoes don’t like to move away from the reproduction site, and it is recommended to spot and kill them to ensure higher chances of them being away.
How much Effective is Mosquito Fogger?
The effectiveness rate of mosquito foggers is relatively high and usually helps you stay mosquito-free for 12 hours. This is a tentative solution and works for many as city life doesn’t spare you much time to sit and relax in the backyard. However, if you want a permanent solution, here are some things that you can try –
- Make sure that there is zero water element in your backyard. Still, water happens to attract many mosquitoes. If you are a pool lover, then cover the pool accordingly to keep the mosquitoes away.
- We all love our lawns, but sometimes we get lazy and miss paying attention to the mowing needs. If you do not want mosquitoes around, then keep your lawnmower.
- Mosquitoes are smarter than you think. The more you spray, the more they resist. They get used to the spray and are likely to stay anyway. The best option is to use both chemical and physical ways to keep mosquitoes away from your lawn.
Are Foggers Safe for Pets and Children
The research has shown that fogging chemicals are less intense than the ones used in framing. In a nutshell, it is 100% safe for your kids and pets, and if you want to, be surer don’t let them enter the sprayed area for 10 to 15 minutes.
Different Types of Mosquito Fogger
1. Thermal Foggers
Thermal fogger is a heating coil on the mosquito infestation spots by becoming a carrier solution containing an insecticide and is released in liquid, mist, or fog form. This option is particularly suitable for large areas like your backyard or patio.
They operate through small cylinders, and that is why easily portable. Due to the risk of asphyxiation, avoid the use of thermal foggers in enclosed areas.
- Thermal fogger: A powerful fogger that makes finer droplets (0.5-50.0 micron droplets) than Cold/ULV...
- Compact form factor: one-third shorter, 15% lighter, and runs cleaner than our full-sized thermal...
- Built to last: The pulse-jet engine is reliable and low-maintenance, with no moving parts. Fuel and...
- Compatibility: Works with pesticides, disinfectants, fogging agents meeting these requirements: (1)...
- Manufacturer support: 1 year warranty. U.S.-based technical support. Replacement parts available.
2. Cold Foggers
Cold foggers are also known as UVL (Ultra Low Volume) fogger, it converts the fogging liquid into a mist which is further dispersed into the air at a usual high intensity. They are powered by electricity and might add up to your energy bills later.
Regarding efficiency, cold foggers are more efficient as the chemical quantity is low and therefore burns up in the fogging process. The biggest advantage of a cold fogger is that it can be used indoors as well as outdoors. This also reduces the risk of asphyxiation using a liquid carrier, which makes the process easier to handle.
- 【Comfortable Flexible】8L, large spray range, corrosion-resistant spray head, spray distance 8 to...
- 【Adjustable sprayer】The adjustable screw with a long and flexible hose, you can easily change...
- 【Easy to use】ON/OFF on the handle, our spray cold machine container is easy to refill, just...
- 【Wide Application】Ulv sprayer use for factories, evaporative cooling of barns, shopping malls,...
- 【Package Included】1 X backpack electric ulv sprayer, 1 X product manual,110V,cold fogger machine...
Types of Chemicals
This chemical is not recommended to be used outdoors as it can be harmful to good insects like butterflies which is not good for the environment. However, it can be suitable for indoors as there are no insects inside your house and if there are they will soon vanish.
Spray it around your home to create a barrier that will keep mosquitoes away from your home sweet home.
Non-residual chemical suits perfectly for your outdoor needs as they cause no harm to the insects in the environment. It can be applied to mosquito-infested areas like gardens, trees, and, more specifically, the foliage.
However, they are effective for a concise period resulting towards much lower non-target insects in the area.
The mosquito fogger can be a great solution if used with precautions and safety. Choose the chemicals depending upon your needs and space. Stay healthy Stay mosquito-free.