The machines (snow blower and snow thrower) are used to remove snow from places where it is not required, like roads, tracks, runways, etc.
This article will provide you information about a snow blower and snow thrower, which one is better to use. For this, first, we should know both separately.
To not suffer from ice blower choice, it is necessary to understand what functions the mechanism must perform.
And you also need to know what to look for when choosing what features are important in general and used by a specific consumer.
This is important when selecting the type of equipment and the principle of operation, but the following parameters additionally affect the cost and efficiency of the work:
- Drive unit.
- Construction company.
- Material for manufacturing parts.
- Ergonomic control.
- Engine power.
Note: All parameters are interlinked. If you improve one detail, its work will affect all others. And this will increase the cost.
- 1 Snowblower Engines are Divided into Two Types – Gasoline and Electric
- 2 The Design
- 3 Snowblower Versus Snow Thrower (the Difference).
- 4 Advantages and Disadvantages of a Snowblower.
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Snow Thrower
- 6 Final Words
Snowblower Engines are Divided into Two Types – Gasoline and Electric
Electrical: They operate from mains, they are cheaper than cost, but in terms of power, and therefore, in terms of performance, they are inferior to gasoline engines. Since the snowblower does not have a battery, the snowblower must connect it to the mains, and the pulling cord is a significant disadvantage during operation.
- POWERFUL: 1200 W brushless motor clears up to 14 tons of snow per charge
- DURABLE: 4-blade rubber-tipped steel auger clears a path 18” wide x 10” deep in a single pass
- 48V POWER: Included 2x 4. 0 Ah batteries offer up to 40 minutes of rechargeable runtime
- LED LIGHT: 2 W LED headlight lights up the night for safer nighttime clearing
- ADJUSTABLE: Adjustable chute crank rotates chute up to 180º to throw snow up to 20 ft away in any direction
But nothing is limited to petrol making snow; however, its price is relatively high. Also, expensive service is required.
Most snowblower models do not have a chassis drive. As a result, the machine operator must make a physical effort to move the machine. It is worth remembering that the ground is frozen and slippery in winter, so much agitation would require the operator to tire with a more extensive cleaning area.
- 13 amp motor delivers powerful results for gas alternative ; Dual LED lightsfor greater visibility any time of the day
- Adjustable 180 degree directional chute makes snow throwing manageable ; Easy electric start for hassle free operation
- Discharge snow up to 20-feet. 7-inch wheels for greater mobility
- Only works on 120 volts ; 20-inch clearing path and 10-inch clearing depth
The expensive model has a powerful motor that allows you to rotate the wheels without reducing the snow removal efficiency. As a means of transportation, self-propelled vehicles are equipped with caterpillars or two wheels on the side to eliminate slippage. Self-propelled versions cost a lot.
The most popular, of course, is the well-known companies that have proven themselves well. Most common snow blower and snow thrower brand in the domestic market:
- The champion.
The Honda company is top-rated in the world. The reason for this success is the reliability of motors in any technology. However, Honda’s Auger is not entirely of high quality. The low rate of screws is due to their small size.
As a result, breakdowns sometimes occur if you must work at peak loads. Honda only makes screws from polymer materials, and other manufacturers almost always use steel in professional models.
The snowblower consists of the central part auger. It can be a rubber or metal. The final choice of material depends on the amount of ice and its density. The metal auger is also capable of breaking snowflakes but is more expensive.
However, the metal auger has a minus – we can see its work marks in summer if pressed tightly to the ground.
Before you start comparing features and differences between different snowblowers and snow throwers, you should be familiar with the main structural elements, at least in general terms.
Contains: The engine is the most crucial part. The possibility of further use depends directly; BARMA – A rotating knife in the front bucket, responsible for crushing and ejecting ice; Slope – The pipe through which discharge is performed; Wheels or tracks; Handle with control.
Snow outlet pipes are made of metal or plastic. The latter has not increased strength and may cause cracks from ice or stones.
Snowblowers and throwers with electric motors have been gaining popularity recently, as they have low noise levels and electric motor maintenance is easy.
When it comes to engine power, more horsepower is better. But here, you need to consider the cost/power ratio.
If you take a device with an eight hp engine, you can extract up to 1.5 hectares from an area. Engines with ten hp and higher are suitable for large areas of several hectares, and if snow throwing limits are required over an area of 15 meters.
There are several advantages of automatic snow blower and snow tower. They can clear large areas of sufficiently dense snow and packed snowdrifts. They ride on their own, enough to control the minimum effort exerted on the joystick or steering wheel.
Snowblower and snow thrower can use them in severe frost and wind. A self-propelled snow blower can throw snow up to 15 meters long.
It may have additional options – hot grip, power steering, headlight for working in the dark.
Non-automatic snow blowers and snow throwers also have their advantages. Due to rubber auger, they crush dense snow quickly, and they can be used on paths, as the soft auger does not damage the tiles.
Snowblower Versus Snow Thrower (the Difference).
Firstly, remember that they both are not the same. A snow thrower throws the snow in a single movement. From this, we conclude that it is a single-stage snow removal device.
On the other hand, a snowblower is a two-stage snow removal device, which means that it has two movements to remove snow. Here blower is used because it contains a fan in it to remove snow.
The snow thrower is smaller than the snowblower.
The snowblower is more expensive than the snow thrower.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a Snowblower.
- The snowblower is much broader than the snow thrower, which means more snow can be removed in less time than the snow thrower.
- The blower is tall so that the snowblower can remove more snowbanks.
- With the help of an auger, wet snow can also be removed. Auger breaks the snow and then blows it out.
- The snowblower is also more massive than the snow thrower; that is why it can move quickly with little man’s help. This makes the task easy too.
- The snowblower is more costly than snow thrower. For more power, one must pay two three-time more for a snowblower.
- To use snowblower, electricity, gas, and engine oil is a must. This needs heavy maintenance also as compared to the snow thrower.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Snow Thrower
- Usually, snow throwers are light in weight, which makes it easy to move around.
- In terms of price comparison, these snow throwers are two-three times less expensive than snow blowers. Snowthrowers can be much favorable to your wallet.
- Snowthrower can also remove snowbanks up to 18 inches.
- No such type of high maintenance is required in the snow thrower.
- Snowthrower can have a problem with large banks as it is not capable of it because of its smaller width.
- It has less power to throw snow far. Maximum it can throw snow up to 20 feet.
In the final words, it is not like one of the snowblowers or snow throwers is better than the other. It depends on the end-use.
If snow is not more than 20 inches, then a snow thrower will be the best, and if it is more than 20 inches, then a snow blower will be the best option.
There are more factors like this; for example, we can take price, if your budget is low then snow thrower and if you have money to afford snow blower then you can go for it.