Pools are our stress Boosters, especially in the summer. Nothing soothes us more than taking a dip into our favorite pool. But do we tend to enjoy the same way in winters too? Most of the users say No. Why? Because they feel pools in winters are not really a great idea due to the climatic conditions they bring along.
But did you know many users said NO to pools in winters because they weren’t aware of having various inground pool ideas that would still provide them with the same comfort and excitement?
Did you know one could enjoy the same summer dip in winters too? Wonder How? By installing Best Solar Heaters that keeps your pool water warm and comforting even in winters.
Solar pool heaters keep your pool water warm and allow you to enjoy the same comfort and service that you witness in summers. But choosing an effective solar heater for the In-ground pool is really challenging. Therefore, intending to ease your dilemmas on choosing the best solar heaters, we bring you this article.
The article has your every why and what answered related to solar heaters. The article also recommends some best and trusted heaters that you can choose to buy for effective functioning. So, continue to scroll down and hunt our list of best heaters to find out the heater you wish to bring home this season.
- 1 Best Solar Heaters for Inground Pools
- 2 Few More Efficient Solar Pool Heaters for Inground Pools
- 3 What are Solar Heaters?
- 4 Benefits Of Solar Pool Heaters
- 5 Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Solar Heater
- 6 Conclusion
Best Solar Heaters for Inground Pools
1. SmartPool S601 Pool Solar Heater
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for...
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
- Panel array measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long. Raises Pool Water Temperature 6-10°F (4-6°C)
- Installation kit required (Sold Separately)
The pool heater is well designed to create effective warmth and comfort. It consists of a Direct Flow System and 80 square feet of solar panels. Each panel of the heater measures up to 20 feet long and 4 feet wide. The water of the pool gets heated up quickly, making it best for the users.
- Effective heating
- Affordable Price Range
- Uses more space.
2. SunQuest 4-2X10 Solar Swimming Pool Heater
- SunQuest Solar panels are designed for both In-ground and Above-ground swimming pools
- MAX-FLOW design with 2" OD headers - better water circulation - less back pressure on your pump.
- Compatible with your existing pool pump.
- Increases pool water temperature up to 10 degrees.
- SunQuest is an easy do-it-yourself installation.
SunQuest Solar heaters are well designed for inground & above ground pools. It can increase the pool water temperature up to 10 degrees. The installation process of the heater is quite easy and convenient. Looking after the heater does not involve too much care and attention either. Hence the heater can prove to be very beneficial for the user.
- Easy & Quick Installation
- Saves Electricity
- Works well in all the weathers
- Less efficient
3. SunHeater S120U Universal Solar Pool Heater
- Simple DIY installation; for in ground or above ground pools
- Installs on roof, rack, ground or fence
- Patented web design for maximum exposure to sun's rays
- Uses existing pool pump
- Raises pool water temperature 6-10 degrees F
The Universal Solar Pool Heater is truly cost-effective and easy to install. It can easily be installed on roofs, racks, ground, or fences. The heater can raise the pool water temperature anywhere between 6-10 degrees F. It is design and versatile, making it the most preferred and used heater for inground pools by the users. So, if you are looking for a long-time investment at an easy and affordable rate, then this heater is going to amaze you.
- Provides effective warmth and comfort
- Versatile & user friendly
- Installation does not require professional help; it can be done by the user itself
- Less efficient in terms of generating warmth.
- Not considered effective for large pools
4. Industrial Grade DIY Solar Pool Heater System Kit
- TOP OF THE LINE DURABILITY: The unique square header shape maximizes flow and increases efficiency....
- SPECIALIZED CLAMPING SYSTEM: Features an innovative clamping system with a proven record of being...
- STRAPLESS MOUNTING DESIGN: Superior mounting method allows for strapless flush mounting to any roof...
- ROOF FRIENDLY: Mounting pad system minimizes roof connections, making it the most roof-friendly...
- INDUSTRY LEADING PRODUCT PROTECTION: SwimJoy solar pool heating panels are protected by an industry...
The Industrial Grade DIY Solar Heater system kit is perfectly blended with modern advancements and functionalities, making it best suitable for your inground pool. Its efficiency, design, and easy installation are the heater’s major highlights that make it worth the purchase.
The panels of the heater require no strapping and hoses. The requirement for roof penetration is minimal. Overall, the entire kit has to offer a great heating space and a sleek and stylish roof look. So go ahead and make this amazing kit yours right away.
- Easy Installation
- Great efficiency & Design
- Strapless Flash Mounting
- Longer operating life
- Installation gets a little tough if you are doing it yourself.
Few More Efficient Solar Pool Heaters for Inground Pools
- 【1500W High Power】: 1500W, 120V(MUST USE 15A OUTLET, THIS HEATER IS 12.5A CURRENT) Bucket water...
- 【Portable & Safe】: The heavy duty 304 stainless-steel guard protective cover prevents accidents...
- 【Simple Operation】: Make sure the water cover the floating immersion heater minimum water line,...
- 【UL-Listed】Our electric water heater UL-Listed against to the US safety standards. Package...
- 【Warning!!!】: Make sure the water immersion heater minimum water line is completely submerged in...
- 1.316# stainless steel, Best in its class
- 2.37,000 Btu/Hr heating capacity, 11KW
- 3.Suitable for pools up to 4000 gallons in coastal climates
- 4.Suitable for ALL Hot Tubs,Above Ground Inground Pool Swimming Pool.
- 5.240 Volts 50A - 60 HZ American Voltage.Use With Water Pump.
- On demand a continuous and unlimited supply of hot water
- Sleek design saves space and no venting required
- Requires hard-wired 240 or 208-volt electric service, with a maximum draw of 28,800 watts at 240...
- Requires 3 separate dedicated 40 amp breakers with 8 gauge copper wiring, and a minimum of 200 amp...
- 【Perfect Design & Keep Heat】This pool heater cover is made up of thousands of blue bubble...
- 【Minimize Water Evaporation】This solar blanket can help you reduces pool water evaporation by 95...
- 【Safe and Eco-friendly】This solar blanket is made from PE, which is non-toxic, harmless,...
- 【Protect the Natatorium】There are disinfectants and other water treatment chemicals in the...
- 【Extend The Life of Pool】As the heat is maintained and the number of cleaning and maintenance of...
What are Solar Heaters?
Solar heaters are devices that use solar energy to create warm rays or waves in the surrounding area. It uses solar panels to convert the hot rays obtained from the sun to warm the environment.
Solar heaters are the most used heaters in inground pools. As pool owners often find it uncertain to enjoy pools during winters due to the climatic conditions they bring. Hence using solar heaters warm their water using the solar panel, making it easier for them to use pools in winters as well.
Knowing your heater better helps you make a strong choice. Check out our list of various types of heaters below to understand which of the ones proves to be your effective fit.
- Evacuated Tube Collectors (ETCs) Systems
- Polymer Systems
- Flat Plate Collectors
- Integral Collector Storage (ICS) Systems
Benefits Of Solar Pool Heaters
Solar Heaters are widely being used due to the efficiency that they tend to provide while functioning. The heater also seems to have easy installation and complex free maintenance. Which makes it even more user-friendly.
There are several benefits that one can witness while using solar heaters in their pools. A few of them are listed below: –
- Easy & Effective Installation
- Maintenance Free
- Helps in keeping pool water warm.
- One time investment
- Easy Functioning
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Solar Heater
Pool Solar Heaters are of great use, and therefore a lot of pool owners are opting to get a pool heater installed. But before doing so, there are certain points that you need to know and understand to bring home an effective heater that fits you the way you want it to.
One needs to be very careful while choosing a solar pool heater. The heater completely works and relies on solar panels. The more the panel gets exposed to the sunlight, the more warmth it creates. And therefore, in winters, the panel receives less sunlight leading to less warmth & comfort. So do ensure to choose a heater that has more solar panels.
Similarly, there are many other more factors that you need to know and understand to make an effective purchase. They are as follows: –
Choosing the size of the heater is the most critical aspect of choosing an effective solar heater. The larger the size, the more the warmth of the water. But large size heaters tend to take up more space. While smaller heaters are less efficient in terms of warmth. So, choose the one that fits you the best.
Efficiency is another critical factor to look for while buying a solar heater. This is the deciding factor on how fast your water will get warm. Henceforth checking for the efficiency of the product becomes the foremost aspect to look at.
The design here means the structure format of your heater. New advancements in technology have enabled immense change in the functioning of the heater. So, look for advanced designed heaters that tend to take less space but provide more warmth.
Many people tend to assume the product’s durability and never tend to ask for it. You do not want to be one of them. Be very particular while addressing your purchase. Know every detail minutely to understand and maintain your heater for a longer time.
Installation is one important factor that cannot be avoided while setting up a heater. Some heaters can be easily installed, while some need severe professional help. Do not act if you do not understand. Get professional help to get your heater installed. This might cost you, but the cost is worth the time and effort.
The cost of the product is another non-ignorable factor while you are making a purchase. One product tends to be available on different platforms with different rate tags. So, make it a point of checking onto different platforms to analyze and prevent yourself from spending more than the needed amount.
The warranty of your heater is an equally important point to consider while choosing your solar pool heater. Having a warranty on your product allows you to feel confident and comfortable while using it. Equipment like these is at a greater risk of getting damaged; therefore, having an assurance of a warranty is a must.
Adding a solar pool heater to your pool is the best way to deal with your chilled winters. You get to enjoy the same warmth and comfort of the summers, even in winters. But know that this is only possible if you make an effective & responsible purchase.
So, choose a heater that serves your needs and comfort first. The above-mentioned list of products can prove to be of great help if you are looking to buy quality assured heaters. Do adhere to Buying Guidelines mentioned above very strictly as it will help you understand and choose a better product for your pool.
We are confident with the fact that we provided you with the best knowledge on Solar Heaters for Inground Pools, but if in case you still have any doubt or confusion on the above-discussed subject, then please feel free to voice it using the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest possible with the best knowledge available on the same.