- 1 Garage Storage and Organization Ideas
- 1.1 1. Wall Organization
- 1.2 2. Gardening Tools
- 1.3 3. Vertical Wall Storage
- 1.4 4. Metal Shelving Unit
- 1.5 5. Bike Storage
- 1.6 6. Ladder Storage
- 1.7 7. Storage Boxes
- 1.8 8. Tools Organization
- 1.9 9. Overhead Storage
- 1.10 10. Sliding Drawers
- 1.11 11. Garage Cabinets
- 1.12 12. Garage Workbenches
- 1.13 13. Pegboard Hanging Storage
- 1.14 14. Color Coordination
- 1.15 15. Slatwall Organization
- 1.16 16. Open Baskets
- 1.17 17. Air Out Equipment
- 1.18 18. Kitchen Pantry
- 1.19 19. Kids Storage
- 1.20 20. Open Space
- 2 Final Words
Garage Organization is an essential job as a garage is one of our home’s least used rooms.
A garage is not meant only for storing vehicles. You can also organize it correctly and make it useful for storing some household products.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best garage storage ideas which you can follow.
Garage Storage and Organization Ideas
1. Wall Organization
The secret to a good-looking garage is to organize all the tools perfectly where all the tools are hung according to their sizes on the wall.
You can hang all the tools according to their decreasing size order. Randomly placing all the tools on the wall does not look so pleasing.
- Wall Control metal pegboard is more than 10 times stronger than conventional pegboard
- Pegboard accepts conventional 1/4in pegboard pegs and accessories
- Pegboard accepts Wall Control slotted tool board pegs and accessories
- Pegboard tool boards mount directly into studs or sheet rock with no framework required
- Pegboard features an attractive, magnetic, and durable powder-coated finish
2. Gardening Tools
For the organization of all the garden tools, you can use a long strip of hooks so that you can hang spanners, wrenches, etc., on the wall.
The Strip provides a classy and well-organized look. It is recommended to install the hook nearest to the door closet, so you don’t have to rush anywhere in search of the tools.
- ✎WIDELY USED:Suitable for organizing all kinds of tools. Such as shovels, push brooms, bikes, bags, towels, robes, umbrellas, rain boots , etc. A nice choice for storing and holding your tools in home, garage, apartment, utility room, basement or shed.
- ✎SUPER MATERIAL:Powder-coated steel for durability-resists of rusting, chipping and cracking. Rubber-coated sleeves are scratch-resistant. Steel construction epoxy finish.Garage storage systems Hold up to 800 lbs. Certified by GS. Safety Guaranteed.
- ✎EASY TO INSTALL:Easy to attach and move around on the rail. Heavy Duty Mounting Hardware (24*Screw, 24*Expansion tube) If you have any questions about the garage garden tool hanger installation you can contact us by e-mail. We will help you with it.
- ✎MULTI-PURPOSE & HANDY—This 12PC garage storage system includes different styles of hooks meet your diverse needs. Quickly and easily snaps securely into place on mounting rails (included) with provided locking gripper.
- ✎SATISFACTION WARRANTY—Offering 1- year manufacturer's warranty and 24 Hrs dedicated email customer support
3. Vertical Wall Storage
Vertical Wall Storage is considered one of the most crucial garage storage ideas as it is a must-have tool in the garage. It is better than using shelves of limited height.
Wall-mounted shelves are an excellent option for garage storage ideas and provide more height and space. You can also adjust the spaces between the vertical levels and adjust according to your height.
- Easy one-person installation with all hardware included: Installation Template helps mount holes; Bubble Level helps get perfect horizontal location. (Assembly needed DIY project - Composition of four 1'x3' shelves per tier)
- More Sturdy and Stable: the buckle design with velcros prevents the brackets from falling or bending.
- Heavy gauge steel construction provides safety loading up to 400lbs total.
- High quality screws provided. All hardwares have gone through strict tests.
- Suitable for securing to either wall studs or solid concrete wall.(Does not fit for METAL studs)
- Easy one-person installation with all hardware included: Installation Template helps mount holes; Bubble Level helps get perfect horizontal loctation; You are always reminded of the installation directions.
- Patent design in struture (Tool free adjustment). Wall shelves are convenient to disassemble and assemble.
- Height adjustable to meet actual needs. Freely place the shelves onto the slots on the wall plates.
- Heavy gauge steel construction provides safety loading up to 150lbs per shelf. All parts have gone through strict tests
- Suitable for securing to either wall studs or solid concrete wall.
4. Metal Shelving Unit
Metal Shelving Units are one of the best garage organization and storage ideas, storing all the heavy and large things. It can handle any amount of pressure and weight.
They are constructed such that you don’t have to worry about their falling. The Metal Shelving Unit is made of sturdy structures so that they can last long.
- 4-shelf shelving unit for your kitchen, office, garage, and more
- Each shelf holds up to 350 pounds (evenly distributed); total max load weight is 1400 pounds
- Wire shelves adjustable in 1-inch increments; no tools required
- Durable steel construction with black-coated chrome finish; adjustable leveling feet
- Product Dimensions: 36 x 14 x 54 inches (LxWxH)
5. Bike Storage
Hanging the bikes on the wall rather than keeping them on the ground helps save so much space in the garage. This idea can help in providing a cleaner look to the garage.
If you don’t have enough space on the wall, you can hang the bikes on the ceilings using ceiling mounts that provide safety to your bikes.
- LARGE CAPACITY:Garage wall mount bike rack garage could accommodate 6 bicycles and hold up to 300 lbs
- CUSTOMIZE BIKE STORAGE: Space attachments to 48" long steel rail to customize spacing to fit your needs
- SAFETY:The sturdy safety hook design could ensure that your bike wall mount stable and will not release accidentally,perfect choice for your garage storage.
- EASY TO INSTALL—The bike storage rack is easy to attach and move around on the rail with 5mm drill. Heavy duty mounting hardware (16*Screw, 16*Expansion tube). Hardware with the kit for wood stud ,drywall,create or brick wall.(Bikes not included)
- SUPER MATERIAL FOR DURABILITY—Powder-coated steel for durability-resists of rusting, chipping and cracking. Rubber-coated sleeves are scratch-resistant. Steel construction epoxy finish.
6. Ladder Storage
Leaning the ladders against the wall can acquire so much space in the garage, so it is better to mount them on the wall. Mounting the ladders on the wall can make it easy to grab away whenever needed.
You can also create DIY ladder storage using identical brackets. You need two identical brackets and attach both of them to the ceiling with the help of screws. Then, you can easily place your ladders there without the worry of falling.
- ADJUSTABLE STORAGE SOLUTION → The best part of the garage storage system is that the hooks can snap on the rail and move around on it to meet your actual needs.
- SPACE SAVING → Organize all your gear or tools on the storage rack to free up floor space and provide easy access.
- EASILY RELOCATE→ Garage hooks can be easily repositioned anywhere on tracks of the panel when storage needs change. And fast wall-mount hooks can install in a snap.
- EASY TO INSTALL→ All you need is an electric drill, and maybe a level to make sure it was lined up for mounting on into the wall studs. The hooks can snap on the rail and move around on it, so you aren't locked into a specific configuration for items that are extra wide (ladders), etc.
- HEAVY DUTY STEEL → Our garage tool storage organizers are well made, you can tell from the quality of the steel and the fine work while processing it. And this garage storage rack can totally hold up to about 265 lb, which make it hold heavy stuffs like chairs, ski board, strollers, shovels, rakes or power tools, garden tools for years. Rubber-coated sleeves prevent the tools from being scratched or from slipping.
7. Storage Boxes
Storage Boxes are one of the most essential things which you will need to organize the garage correctly.
You can store all the useful items such as balls, sports equipment, etc., in these boxes. You can also label these boxes so that it will be easier to find anything when necessary.
- Plastic bin with lid is the simple, space-saving storage solution great for organizing any area of the home
- Snap-tight lid keeps storage container contents secure
- Stackable design of plastic container allows for efficient use of storage space
- Ultra-clear plastic storage allows for quick identification of contents
- Entire unit dimensions: 12. 88"L x 7. 50"W x 4. 50"H
8. Tools Organization
Organizing tools are one of the trickiest parts of organizing the garage. Tools are tiny items, so they can easily mix up with other elements. So, it is better to keep them in separate organized boxes.
You can choose different boxes for different types of tools, such as a red box for electricity tools and the green one for gardening tools, etc.
- CABINET DIMENSIONS 20-Inch x 6 3/8 Inch x 10 1/4 Inch, DRAWER DIMENSIONS 6 Inch x 2 1/4 Inch x 1 5/8 Inch (Small Drawer), 6 Inch x 4 1/2 Inch x 2 3/16 Inch (Large Drawer)
- HIGH QUALITY Rugged, high impact polystyrene plastic frame and 26 drawers
- GREAT FOR Storing and organizing classroom or office supplies, crafts, beads or sewing supplies, hardware, small toy storage, fishing gear and more
- STACK OR WALL MOUNT Cabinets stack securely and can also be wall mounted using keyhole slots molded into the back of the cabinet.
- DIVIDABLE DRAWERS 8 small drawer dividers, 4 large drawer dividers included and come molded into the back of the cabinet, finger grip drawer pulls provide easy access and rear stop tabs prevent contents from spilling
9. Overhead Storage
Overhead Storages are one of the best garden storage ideas which you can implement in your garage. These overhead shelves are a great option if you want to store some things on the ceilings.
You can store those things that aren’t used regularly. The Overhead Storage idea can make use of every part of your garage.
- Avoid Water Damage by Storing Your Items off the Garage Floor. Protect your items and use garage ceiling space to store seasonal and unused items. 22'' to 40'' ceiling dropdown provides up to 105 cu. Ft. of storage. Dimensions: 96 in. L x 48 in. W x 22-40 in. H. （Accessory hooks and items pictured on the racks are not included.）
- Safe - Buy overhead racks with long ceiling brackets designed to be attached to 2 studs. Combined with 6 vertical posts, it is the optimal structure choice to ensure safety.
- Quality - Top quality screw selected and all hardwares have gone through strict tests. Heavy duty cold-rolled steel construction provides safely loading up to 600 lbs.
- Different - Integrated Grid Design - More stable and sturdy compared to others with separate frame and wire.
- DIY installation with step-by-step instruction. Installation template helps make plan. This overhead storage rack fits all ceiling joist spacing ≤ 24", if joist spacing > 24", only fits the ceiling spacing of 48".
10. Sliding Drawers
Sliding Drawers are one of the best equipment and a must-have product in every garage. You can mount these drawers on the ceiling and let them slide across. You can use these boxes to store that equipment used daily as it makes it very easy to find them.
The Sliding Drawers are a perfect garage storage idea as it saves a lot of space and makes the garage perfectly organized.
- ✔️【Sturdy &Heavy duty】 There is the simple fact that the rolling cabinet is made with great high quality steel to ensure maximum durability. Being durable and tough is something that you can definitely say about this particular rolling tool cabinet, plus it also features a superior powder coat finish to protect that beautiful paint job which it comes with. Scratching, denting, breaking, or chipping this guy is nearly impossible.
- ✔️【Spacious】 A high-capacity rolling tool cabinet on the bottom with a good sized tool box located on top. 3 small drawers, 5 tray drawers and 1 bottom cabinet, 2 swivel casters with brake, 2 fixed casters, hooks on side panel, also comes with a nifty tubular handle for pulling it around. It features 8 separate drawers of various sizes, the bottom being ideal for larger items like power tools, with lots of room for hand tools and for organizing parts too.
- ✔️【Drawers&Slides&Liner】Features a total of 8 drawers of wider large, medium, and small drawers, each of which are set on ball bearing slides.This makes the drawers operate very smoothly, they open and close with ease, and they don’t slam shut either.All the drawers provide non-slip liner hold tools in place. Speaking of locking, tool cabinet does come with 2 keyed locking system on lid and bottom to make sure that your tools never go missing.
- ✔️【Mobile&Detachable】With swivel casters could maneuver easily around work area. The wheels have locking mechanisms to prevent the tool cabinet from moving around on its own while in use. There is also a solid work surface on the top, so you can work right on top of it.
- ✔️【Multi-purpose】This tool cart is great for home workshops and some professional environments, could be placed in the garage,workshop, warehouse,etc. With its exquisite appearance, this cabinet could be placed as a furniture. Moreover, it’s not only a tool organizer, but also a wonderful gift as gentlemen present for holiday, birthday, anniversary. Key Product Features
11. Garage Cabinets
Garage Cabinets are considered one of the best garage storage ideas that you can also use in your garage. It is the best way to keep the garage equipment safely and securely.
You can also add some locks to add more security to the cabinets. While placing the cabinets, you have to make sure that there is enough space available around the cabinet for the doors to open easily.
12. Garage Workbenches
Workbenches are considered as one of the best accessories to include in the garage. Most of the workbenches are already equipped with small drawers allowing you to store small equipment in them.
You need a conveniently small space to store the workspace. You can use the Workbenches for doing any DIY work or storing small tools that you use often.
- Crafted with Ultraguard stainless steel drawers (which are fingerprint-resistant) and a heavy-duty steel frame
- The powder-coate finish defends your bench from corrosion; Heavy-duty steel frame with leveling feet
- The Lighted Workcenter includes the built-in fluorescent light, the gliding ball-bearing drawers, and the easy-to-reach power strip
- The unit features a vast pegboard (with 23 hooks included) for hanging larger items, as well as two lined drawers for storing smaller tools
- A small cantilever shelf at the top of the pegboard is perfect for storing miscellaneous work supplies
13. Pegboard Hanging Storage
Pegboard Hanging Storage is considered one of the garage storage ideas, useful in hanging all your garden equipment against the walls.
Pegboards are a great way of arranging all the items of different shapes and sizes in different positions. You can use it to create a fantastic look for your garage with the help of tools.
- Never have hooks fall out again - every hole on the pegboard is threaded to provide secure attachment of all accessories
- Accessories available include; 12 hook types, 4 bin sizes and 5 shelf sizes
- Pegboard is manufactured using quality 304 stainless steel and comes complete with stainless mounting hardware
- Commercial grade quality for home, retail or industrial environments
- Measurements; 41 inches by 26 inches by 0.8 inch; This offer is for a System X pegboard only with no accessories
14. Color Coordination
You have to make sure that all the equipment is correctly matched with other equipment while organizing your garage.
You can make the garage look more beautiful by adding some white cupboards and steel-looking equipment. You have to make sure that the garage must give a vibrant look to the people.
15. Slatwall Organization
The Slatwall Organization idea is somehow similar to the pegboard design, but it can store multiple things in one area. You can use different kinds of baskets of adhesive and sprays and hooks of larger items such as shovels and brushes.
You can also store a garden hose as there is enough space available there. There is also a larger hook available in the design to make sure that you can easily store larger items there too.
- The GaragePro Essential Storage Kit features 4 Baskets and 6 Hooks to store and organize your items on slatwall and up off the floor.
- Features the GaragePro black steel Accessories with the sturdy brackets that fit snugly to slatwall panels.
- Includes 1 24 x 12 x 4 Shallow Basket, 1 12 x 12 x 4 Small Basket, 1 12 x 12 x 8 Deep Basket, 1 12 x 6 x 6 Narrow Basket, 2 8" Multi-Purpose Hooks, 1 12" Tool Hook, 1 6" Wide Hook, 1 6" Double Hook and 1 7" Single Hook.
- Fits StoreWall, HandiWall, New Age, Suncast, Uline, Diamond Life, and similar standard 3" on center slatwall panels. (Panels shown in picture not included in Kit.)
- Not designed for Proslat, GearWall, Rubbermaid, or FlowWall panels.
16. Open Baskets
Open Baskets are one of the most straightforward and straightforward garden storage ideas you can implement, and they do not need much space. You can place some easily accessible equipment in open baskets such as daily life tools, umbrellas, etc.
- STORAGE MADE SIMPLE: These large capacity bins are great for creating a clean and organized kitchen cabinet or pantry; Great for storing dry goods, holds canned goods, soups, food packets, seasonings, baking supplies, snack bags, boxed foods, soda pop bottles, sports and energy drinks; Use side by side and combine with other mDesign bins to create the storage solution that works best for you; The square format is great for cube storage shelving and furniture units; Set of 4
- EASY-REACH OPEN FRONT: Large opening dips down in front, making it simple to grab what you need quickly and easily; The perfect storage and organizing solution for modern kitchens and hectic households that are on the go; Organize all of your kitchen essentials and create handy go-to supply baskets to make organizing and everyday living a little easier; Great for busy families and professional organizers; These bins help you to get organized and stay that way
- FUNCTIONAL & VERSATILE: Perfect for cabinet and pantry shelves; These versatile bins can also be used in other rooms of the home - use them in craft rooms, laundry/utility rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, offices, garages, toy rooms and playrooms; mDESIGN TIP: Create a storage spot in the mudroom or entryway for outdoor accessories like baseball hats, caps, gloves and scarves; Versatile, light weight and easy to transport, these are great in apartments, condos, dorm rooms, RVs and campers
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made of sturdy steel wire with a durable rust-resistant finish; Easy Care - wipe clean with damp cloth
- THOUGHTFULLY SIZED: Each Measures 10" x 10" x 7.75" high
17. Air Out Equipment
Most of the garages are more ventilated compared to houses. That’s why storing some air out equipment in the garage is a great garage storage idea you can use. It helps in keeping the stinking equipment out of your house.
It is best for storing gloves and helmets or some other household products which need regular air. Keeping these products in regular air can help them to keep the foul odor away.
18. Kitchen Pantry
If your garage is located near the kitchen, it is a perfect idea to store some of the garage’s extra kitchen equipment, such as water bottles, kitchen roll, silver foils, etc.
You can also add a standing shelf in the garage to store the kitchen things separately. While choosing the standing shelf, you have to make sure that it is lightweight, durable, and small.
19. Kids Storage
Storing kid’s equipment in the garage is one of the best garage storage ideas as they don’t take up much space in the garage.
You can store toys such as baskets, footballs, etc., there easily. It is one of the best ways to teach children about cleanliness and toy organization.
- Available in three colors - White, Natural and Espresso
- 6 convenient storage spaces for books, toys and more
- Additional storage space on both sides of the cushion
- Comfortable gray cushion
- Made of composite wooden materials
20. Open Space
You must need open space in the garage if you own a car. A car takes up almost ninety percent of space in your garage, and still, you can organize your garage using ceiling shelves and wall-mounted tool holders.
Keeping your garage organized is not a difficult task. Using the right tools and equipment at the right time, you can keep it organized efficiently.
This article has discussed some of the best ways of organizing the garage and garage storage ideas.
You can implement any ideas in your garage very quickly.
I hope you find this tutorial useful, and If you did, then do not forget to share it once, and if you have any doubts/questions regarding the topic, don’t forget to paste them in the comment section below.
We will try our best to solve all your queries.