Lawn Mower is a device used to chop your unwanted grass in different lengths as per the adjustments made by the owner. The device has sharp even blades that chop the grass perfectly, giving the required look. These devices usually function on batteries or electric motors. There are hand-operated mowers too.
Is your Mower Deck disappointing you by not giving an effective cut to your grasses? Have you tried everything with your deck but are still unsure how to get the best out of it?
Well, then your struggle ends here! If you think that your mower deck has lost its efficiency, then let us tell you, nothing of it is true.
You can get the same old even cut that you got in the beginning just after a few correct adjustments. So, what are those adjustments? How do you practice those adjustments? And a lot more on the same will be discussed as we progress further.
Thus, by the end of the article, you will feel confident about adjusting your Husqvarna top zero turn mower. So, without any further ado, let us begin the topic.
- Husqvarna 61 in. zero-turn lawn mower from the MZ series delivers commercial-grade power and amazing...
- 27 HP Briggs Endurance engine provides reliable startups and high ground speeds
- Fabricated 11-gauge steel cutting deck offers an excellent 54 in. cut with an ergonomically designed...
- Clippings can be discharged, mulched or bagged with a 9-bushel triple bag collection system...
- High-back seat with armrests, foam-padded hand grips and vibration dampeners make mowing comfortable...
Things needed to adjust Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower
Working on anything in an unplanned or unorganized way can often lead to misfortunate risks. Hence to avoid that, it is always better to have sorted a few things before action.
So, before you start adjusting your Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower, make sure to have your tools organized and close to you. This will enable you to carry the adjusting of the Mower smoothly. Below mentioned are the tools you will be requiring carrying your practice smoothly.
- Correct size wrench or socket set
- Tape measure
- Tire Pressure gauge
- Safety glasses
Follow these Steps to Adjust Mower Deck on Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower
So, it is finally the time to say goodbye to old hard days where you could not cut the grass evenly. It is time that you make some small adjustments responsibly and get your mower back to effective cutting.
Below given are the steps involved in Adjusting the Mower Deck on Husqvarna Zero Turn Mower: –
- The first and the most basic step of adjusting a mower deck is to park it to a flat surface.
- Once you get it parked using the foot brake lever, then turn the clutch switch towards the left-hand side of the dash upwards to loosen the cutting blade.
- Now push the attachment lift lever to the maximum height that it can reach and turn off the ignition and remove its key.
- Once you remove the key, open the hood where the engine is placed and unplug the black-colored rubber spark plug.
- Now, before moving further, allow the engine to cool completely.
- Now that your engines are cool, take out the valves from each tire and measure its pressure using any pressure measuring device.
- If the result of the pressure comes to be less than 15 PSI, then it means that the tires are not inflated properly. The required pressure for a Husqvarna mower is at least 15 PSI. So, try to inflate the tires at least till they reach the alignment stage.
- The tires are pretty much sorted. So now we need to work on the blade section of the mower. Before beginning your practice, ensure to have worn your gloves to avoid unnecessary actions.
- Now, make a note of the distance between the left side of the blade to the ground and the right side of the blade to the ground.
- The next step involves finding the lift adjustment nuts usually placed, one on the left side while the other on the right side.
- Now turn the lift link adjustment nuts clockwise and anticlockwise as per your need to bring your deck in alignment.
- Using these lift link adjustment nuts and an adjusting wrench, try to level or position the right and the left side of the deck at an equal distance from the ground/bottom.
- Once you are done with the adjustments. Now you must rotate the blade in a 90° direction to make the tips pointed towards the front & back of the deck.
- After positioning them correctly, you need to record the distance of both the front & the back tips of the blade to the ground.
- Now compare your measurement. It should be ⅛” to ½” lower than the back measurement. If you do not find the same, then adjust again to a proper height.
- There is a jam nut placed on the front of the mower that is entirely responsible for the positioning of the blades correctly. Loosen the jam nut and reach the Adjusting nut by moving it anticlockwise.
- Now that you have reached the adjustment nut, rotate it clockwise if you wish to raise the height of the blade or rotate it anticlockwise if you need to lower the blade.
- Keep doing till you acquire the desired ratio.
- Once you acquire the desired ratio, adjust everything back to normal.
- Lastly, replug the black color rubber plug that we removed in the beginning.
And thus, you successfully finished adjusting your Lawn Mower.
It would also be great if you could have some other person around while practicing your adjustment.
If your mower is not giving you the expected cut of grasses, then it means that it somewhere needs fixing. And as an owner, you need to analyze and understand it responsibly. Uneven cutting of grasses is a common problem but needs your attention to avoid any further major damage.
Henceforth, adjusting your mower is significant. The above-discussed steps can efficiently help you do that. All you need to do is follow it religiously & responsibly.
We hope this article helped you find answers to your needed questions. But if in case there is any doubt or question on the above-discussed subject, please feel free to voice it using the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest possible with the best knowledge available on the same.