Clearing the snow from the yard is very troublesome for the house owners. Only shovels are not enough to clear out all the snow from the backyard.
For this, you must get the help of Snow Blowers. There are various kinds of snow blowers available in the market which you can use.
This article will discuss one of the powerful and a single-stage snow blower named EGO Power + Snow Blower SNT2100.
It is entirely cordless and runs on battery for about 40 minutes.
- 1 The EGO Power + Snow Blower
- 2 Features and Benefits of using EGO Power + Snow Blower.
- 3 Customer Reviews
- 4 Best Alternatives to EGO Power + Snow Blower
- 5 Final Words
The EGO Power + Snow Blower
The EGO Power + Snow Blower is one of the best Snow Blowers available in the market. It is considered the only battery-operated blower that performs gas-powered blowers.
- Battery and charger not inclued.
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- 21-inch clearing width
- Up to 35 feet snow throwing distance
- Push-button start
The EGO Power + Snow Blower SNT2100 consists of two lithium-powered batteries that give a battery backup of almost an hour. It comes with a 21-inch-wide intake, which can plow large areas in a breeze quickly and easily.
- It is a mighty machine which is mainly designed to deliver a fantastic performance.
- The machine is completely adjustable and can be very compact for storage.
- It is powered by an ARC Lithium battery, which takes almost 40 minutes to charge fully.
- It comes with a bright LED headlight, making it very convenient to use the machine in external light conditions.
- The rubber blades will wear out fast.
- Single battery charge system
Features and Benefits of using EGO Power + Snow Blower.
1. High-Efficiency Brushless Electric Motor
The EGO Power + Snow Blower consists of a potent motor that can give similar performance just like the gas-powered motors.
The Brushless motor is mainly responsible for providing a high power to weight ratio, making the Ego Snow Blower handle snow’s heavyweight.
Talking about the design of The EGO Power + Snow Blower, its size is like other standard snow blowers, but it is very light in weight compared to others. It weighs almost 53 lbs, making it easy for the users to move the snowblower from one place to another.
3. Ego Push Start
The EGO Power + Snow Blower consists of a push start button, which helps start the machine in no time. You do not have to carry any cord along with The EGO Power + Snow Blower.
4. Remote 180 Degree Chute Adjustment
The EGO Power + Snow Blower has an easy remote chute adjustment, which helps the 180-degree rotation of snow.
It is located on the handle, which provides a good grip for the user. The EGO Power + Snow Blower can throw the snow to 35 feet.
5. 21-Inch-Wide Intake
The Ego Snow Blower consists of a 21-inch-wide intake, making it capable of handling the snow up to 8 inches. The EGO Power + Snow Blower is very efficient for using it in small and moderate snowfalls.
6. Variable Speed Auger
The EGO Power + Snow Blower consists of a variable auger speed control that is mainly useful in controlling the snow’s throwing distance. It is also very helpful in controlling how quickly you move through your job.
7. 2 LED Headlights
The EGO Power + Snow Blower consists of two forward-facing LED lights designed to work in lightning conditions.
Most of the customers give positive reviews about this product. According to the customers, it is effortless and straightforward to use.
Customers are also impressed by its lightweight, which makes the portability of the Snow Bower very easy. They also liked its power delivering capabilities.
The EGO Power + Snow Blower battery lasts for almost one hour, which is ideal for removing small and moderate snowfall.
The only complaint about this machine is that its blades wear down very quickly. You must replace the blades with new ones frequently, which provides some inconvenience to the users.
Best Alternatives to EGO Power + Snow Blower
The EGO Power + Snow Blower is one of the best snow blowers available in the market, but if you want to try other products that give the same performance as the ego snowblower, here is a quick comparison list.
1. Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Snow Blower
The Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Snow Blower is a single-stage machine that is mainly designed for light usage.
This machine is powered by a 40V battery and consists of a 500W motor. It also comes with a hybrid version where you can choose between the cord and cordless power types.
- Both the machines have a brushless motor, but Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Snow Blower is powered by a 40V battery while the Ego Snow Blower is powered by a 56V battery, which provides more runtime.
- Ionmax: 40 V iONMAX 5.0 Ah rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery provides up to 65 minutes of...
- Auto-rotate Chute: 180° auto-rotate Chute throws snow up to 20 feet (6 M)
- Brushless motor: innovative brushless technology optimizes performance
- Led light: 3-watt LED headlight increases visibility for safe nighttime clearing
- Clearing path: cuts up to 18 in. (45.7 cm) wide and 8 in. (20.3 cm) deep in one pass
- The Snow Joe iON18SB Cordless Snow Blower and The Ego Snow Blower both have adjustable chutes, but the Ego Snow Blower can throw snow at 35 feet away whereas Snow Joe at only 20 feet away.
- Comparing the weights of the two machines, both are a lightweight machine. Snow Joe weighs only 32 lbs, while the Ego Snow Blower weighs 53 lbs.
2. Greenworks PRO Cordless Snow Thrower
The Greenworks PRO Cordless Snow Thrower is a quiet snowblower capable of giving the same performance as a gas-powered snowblower. It is powered by an 80V Tesla battery and has a clearing width of 20 inches. It creates very little noise and vibrations, which is very convenient for users.
- Quickly clear your driveway, sidewalks, patios, etc with a 20-in clearing path
- Up to 10-in of clearing depth
- Quiet, maintenance free brushless motor technology
- 180 Degree rotating chute for desired snow displacement
- For peak performance, use battery that is being stored at room temperature. The snow thrower may not...
- The Greenworks PRO Cordless Snow Thrower has more battery as compared to the Ego Snow Blower. The Greenworks PRO Cordless Snow Thrower has the capability of giving runtime more than one hour easily.
- Comparing the warranty of these two products, the Greenworks PRO Cordless Snow Thrower comes with three years, which is more than the Ego Snow Blower.
3. Snow Joe iON8024-XRP Cordless Snow Blower
The Snow Joe iON8024-XRP Cordless Snow Blower is designed to be used for the solemn purpose.
It is considered a real competitor of the Ego Snow Blower. This machine comes with a 40V battery along with a serrated steel auger.
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Snow Joe Joe expert
- POWERFUL: 1200 W brushless motor clears up to 14 tons of snow per charge
- DURABLE: 4-blade rubber-tipped steel auger clears a path 18” wide x 10” deep in a single pass
- 48V POWER: Included 2x 4. 0 Ah batteries offer up to 40 minutes of rechargeable runtime
- LED LIGHT: 2 W LED headlight lights up the night for safer nighttime clearing
It consists of a dual-stage technology, which is very helpful in the removal of snow from almost all surfaces.
- Comparing the two machines’ batteries, the Snow Joe iON8024-XRP Cordless Snow Blower comes with a 40V battery, while the Ego Snowblower comes with a 56V battery, which helps to provide the machine a long run.
- Both the machines consist of a 180-degree remote chute, and their snow throwing distances are also similar. But Snow Joe is self-propelled while Ego Snowblower is not.
The EGO Power + Snow Blower SNT2100 is a very useful and reliable snowblower that can give similar performance, just like a gas-powered blower.
There are many benefits of using this product as it is convenient and light in weight. It consists of two LED lights, which is very helpful in using the machine at nighttime.
In this article, we have discussed the Ego Snow Blower review in detail, along with some of its alternatives.
If you have any questions about this product and you want to share your experiences, you can share them in the comment section below.