It is no secret that gardening can be expensive. The cost of plants, seeds, soil, pots, and other materials. can quickly add up to a large price tag. If you do not have the money or space for your own garden, then Aero Garden may be an option for you. In this article, we will discuss how Aero Gardenworks and its benefits and disadvantages so that you can decide if they are right for your needs!
- 1 What is an Aero Garden, and How Does it Work?
- 2 Pros and Cons of Owning an Aero Garden
- 3 How to Use the Aero Garden
- 4 FAQs About the Aero Garden
- 4.1 Is There Any Maintenance Required for The Plants Grown in The Aero Garden?
- 4.2 How Long Does It Take to Grow a Plant in The Aero Garden?
- 4.3 How Much Space Do I Need for My Aero Garden?
- 4.4 Can I Use the Aero Gardens for More Than Just Growing Veggies?
- 4.5 Is It Difficult to Set Up My Aero Garden?
- 4.6 Can I Put the Aero Garden Outside?
- 5 Conclusion
What is an Aero Garden, and How Does it Work?
Aero Gardens are indoor gardens that grow plants using a small amount of water and nutrients. This is done by suspending the plant in the air with an inert gas such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen, or argon to promote healthy growth without soil. The radicle of the seed sprouts from a moist mesh pad suspended over the nutrient solution, which is constantly recirculated and irrigated.
Aero Gardens uses LED lights to provide the perfect lighting for photosynthesis which is why they are so energy efficient! The light cycle of an Aero Garden mimics that of natural sunlight, except you never have to worry about it being too hot or cold because it is inside your house!
The water and nutrient solution that the plants are suspended in is constantly recirculated, which means it never needs to be changed.
This makes Aero Gardens very low maintenance, so you can enjoy a beautiful garden without any of the work! It also saves money on fertilizers because there is no need for them with an aeroponics system.
Pros and Cons of Owning an Aero Garden
- It saves money on fertilizers because there is no need for them with an aeroponics system.
- There are also no weeds to contend with since they do not grow in soil, and the plants never meet it, so much less work!
- Aeroponic gardens are not available in all areas because the plants need protection from wind and pests.
- It can take a while before you see any growth in the roots of your plants, and sometimes they never root properly. This can be discouraging to new gardeners and may take away from the joy of gardening.
How to Use the Aero Garden
Once you have your Aero Garden set up, it is easy to maintain. You just need to keep the water and nutrient solution clean with a regular cleaning schedule using vinegar or bleach solution every few weeks.
To get started growing plants in an aeroponics system, simply follow these steps:
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh, clean tap water that is below room temperature.
- Do not use distilled or softened water as it has been stripped of minerals and will cause root burn!
- Fill the nutrient solution tank to approximately one inch from the top rim.
- Add a package of Aero Garden’s organic seed pods.
- Plugin the Aero Garden and choose your desired lighting cycle. (Default is 16 hours on, followed by eight hours off.)
- Wait for three to four weeks for roots to grow before adding a plant or seeds!
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh, clean tap water every two days and add a small amount of nutrient solution every other day.
- Place the Aero Garde on a non-flat surface away from direct sunlight and provide it with indirect light during its growing cycle.
- Clean the surfaces using warm water, soap, and a sponge or cloth to prevent mold from forming.
- Rinse off your plants’ leaves with water and a clean cloth or sponge to remove excess dirt.
- Use the Aero garden’s fertilizer timer if you want your plants to get extra nutrients in between watering cycles or as needed.
- Change the nutrient solution every four months, replace any broken parts, and add new seeds/plants when they are ready!
FAQs About the Aero Garden
Is There Any Maintenance Required for The Plants Grown in The Aero Garden?
Cleaning Aero Gardens are very low maintenance because the water and nutrient solution never need to change. It saves time, money on fertilizers, and it is easier than traditional gardening!
How Long Does It Take to Grow a Plant in The Aero Garden?
It can take anywhere from three to four weeks for the roots of your plant to grow before you add a plant or seeds.
How Much Space Do I Need for My Aero Garden?
Aero Gardens come in different sizes to accommodate any space. All you need is a flat surface, and your plants will have a happy home!
Can I Use the Aero Gardens for More Than Just Growing Veggies?
You can grow anything from hearty herbs, flowering houseplants, tomatoes, or cucumbers with an aeroponics system.
Is It Difficult to Set Up My Aero Garden?
Aero Gardens are easy to set up! All you need is a flat surface, and your plants will have a happy home.
Can I Put the Aero Garden Outside?
Aero Gardens are designed for indoor use only and cannot be left outside because of the risk of pests or contamination.
We hope this blog post has helped you understand how Aero Gardenworks and why so many people love it.
Have any thoughts about what we discussed? Let us know! We would love to hear how our readers are using their Aero Gardens or any other questions they might have about these intelligent gardens.