Gutter plays an important role to manage and control the wastewater system in cities. All the stormwater drains to the lakes through gutters only. The word gutter sounds very gross, but it requires a lot of hard work to maintain. Along with water, there comes a lot of things that may clog the gutters. Therefore, it is important to clean them from time to time to remove all the clogged items.
For this purpose, there are lots of guards available in the market. These guards prevent the clogging of gutters to a small extent. However, there are many fake products available in the market which doesn’t work at all. Sometimes, even the original product doesn’t work for some gutters.
In case, if you are also facing the same problem then, it may be difficult to remove such guards by yourself. Because no one wants to dig a gutter. In that case, you need some tricks which can help you to remove the gutter guards. These tricks and methods are given below:
Steps To Remove the Gutter Guards
There are different kinds of guards used in different guards. Therefore, the steps involved are also different. The first step is to examine the type of guard first and then follow the given methods to learn how to remove gutter guards.
- If the guard is perforated then first, check if it is attached with screws or snapped directly with round.
- Clean away all the debris and gross material from screws.
- Use the screwdriver to loosen all the screws or detach the edges of the snapped.
- Try to lift away the guards. Make sure you lower the guard slightly toward the ground so that no bending occurs in the guard.
Metal Mesh Guard
- First of all, locate all the screws of the guar or the snapping part.
- Clean away all the dirt and bawdy.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws or remove the edges of the snapped material.
- Again, lower the guard toward the ground but this time makes sure you do not destroy the sections of guard when acting.
Brush guards are very common among people because they are the simplest to set up. It is more like a DIY hack to set the gutter. Lots of bottles are placed in one row to make the flow of rainwater easy and avoid debris. This type of gutter can last for 5 years but if you clean them properly, it may last for 10 years.
The removal process requires negligible hard work.
- The brush guards are located mostly on the roof. Therefore, climb up there with the help of a ladder.
- Clean the debris from the guard.
- Gently lift up the guard from the gutter.
Reverse Curve Gutter Guards
This gutter guard requires a very perfect connection and the perfect angle to set and hence very few people can handle such guard by themselves only. These are mainly placed under the roofline to wash off the debris.
- Climb up to the roofline.
- Wash away all the debris and start loosening the screws with the help of a screwdriver.
- Remove the sections and do not throw them directly from the ladder. It may destroy the edges of the sections.
Necessary Things to Remove the Gutter Guards
Since gutters can be very gross to handle, therefore, you may need a few things before removing the guards. These things are given below:
- Gloves- Always use gloves before removing the gutter guards. Otherwise, you may be caught by several diseases.
- Mask- Mouth mask is also very important as you do not want to inhale the bad smell of gutter.
- Torch- Torch is important to remove the debris from the dark areas.
- Ladder- Without a ladder, you will not be able to climb up to the gutter. Therefore, do not forget the ladder.
- Other important things are a screwdriver,
We hope you understand all the methods to remove the clog preventing guards from the gutter. It is a very tricky thing and requires lots of professionalism therefore, only do it by yourself if know about it. Otherwise, it may damage the guard as well as the gutter.