The question of how choosing the perfect flooring of your house does not stop haunting you? The type of floor that we are going to install is decisive to give character to our home.
If you are looking for flooring, you may find yourself lost among so many options, or you may not know what the difference is between each of these materials.
Each room has a use, and each one of them will require a type of floor with the appropriate characteristics so that it offers us the best result. And to help you with such a vital decision, we bring you some tips for choosing flooring for your home.
You can also read more in this article here.
Tips For Choosing Flooring For Your Home
- Humidity and temperature: This is an important factor, mainly if we are going to choose the wooden floor. It is about avoiding being damaged too much by the environmental situation, and blooms or cracks appear. Besides, temperature changes notably affect this material causing its contraction and expansion.
- Functionality: When choosing a floor, you should consider the use you are going to give it. If the traffic that the surface will have to face is very large, perhaps the most appropriate thing would be to bet on a stone or ceramic floor. Wood is one of the most beautiful surfaces, but not very resistant.
- The subfloor condition: It is essential to check the subfloor’s state before installing the floor to achieve a good result. It must be dry, free of moisture, stable, and level.
- Choose the style: This is perhaps one of the most important and, at the same time, the most difficult points given the enormous number of styles that exist. Choosing the type of flooring should be a thoughtful task and aware of the elements with which it will coexist. It is about achieving harmony with its environment.
- Price and time: When choosing the flooring, you should consider how much money you are willing to invest and how much time you have for its installation. There are floors cheaper than others and whose installation time is minimal.
Types Of Flooring
We find different types of flooring on the market. Here are the most common ones as described by floor cleaning company Cleaning World, Inc.
- Wood: Choosing the wooden flooring is a perfect option for your home. It will warm your home and is very durable. If kept in the correct condition, these elements’ useful life can reach 50 or 60 years. Against it, its low resistance to humidity and its higher price.
- Parquet: We find it in natural or laminated wood, the latter being more resistant than the former. Its appearance is almost identical to natural wood but more economical and difficult to scratch. Besides, it is not affected by humidity, so it can be used in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Microcement: This is a more appropriate option for current renovations, giving the home an industrial and elegant appearance.
- Natural stone: Here, we find many variants such as marble, quartzite, granite, sandstone, terracotta, etc. These floorings are very resistant and aesthetic, and their price is usually high.
- Ceramic: Choosing ceramic flooring is an unbeatable option if your surface’s traffic will have is high. For use, preferably in bathrooms and kitchens, as it is easy to clean, non-slip, and resistant. Its price is affordable, and its maintenance is simple.
- Vinyl: They are cheaper than the other options, waterproof, and easy to replace if you have to change it. It can imitate the look of tiles, wooden parquet, and even microcement, but it is much cheaper than all. Besides, it is easy to install, and its maintenance is minimal.
The possibilities are very wide, so, when choosing flooring for your house, it is recommended that you consult with professionals: architects and interior designers can help you a lot to combine colors or to imagine and project the results to be obtained.