There are lots of fun ways to give your body the physical exercise it needs. While Zumba and similar other forms of dance workouts are gaining great popularity, one legendary item will never go out of fashion. We are talking about nothing other than Pogo Sticks.
You will come across countless Pogo Sticks review pages that will throw words like “fun,” “enjoyable,” and “burn fats” at you, all in the same breath. The aspects of enjoyment are valid. But whether pogo sticks help you in burning fat is a matter worth pondering over.
When Fats Burn During Exercise
Calories burn when you start moving your body during physical exercise. These calories come from carbohydrates in the body. For your body to start burning calories from body fats, a higher level of oxygen is required. When you steadily pace up with your exercise, your heart rate rises.
This allows the body to create an optimal condition for burning fats rather than just sugar and carbs. Thus, burning calories is not the same as burning fats. Burning fats is essential for weight management. It is best achieved by a combination of a nutritious diet and regular exercise.
Pogo Sticks and Calories
Hopping around like a kid surely puts a smile on anyone’s face. A pogo stick is an object that pairs such smiles with vigorous exercise. One hour of hopping on a pogo stick can burn up to 600 calories. This count goes even higher if you jump higher.
For burning fat and managing weight effectively, however, do not rely simply on the stick. Adjust your meal to consume about 400 calories and go for an hour of pogo stick hopping after. You are highly likely to get better results.
- PERFECT FOR SMALLER KIDS - Designed for younger kids, the Pogo Stick can withstand up to 80 lbs...
- QUALITY THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF - We never settle for anything less than top-quality, at every step...
- SOFT, EASY-GRIP FOAM HANDLES AND FRAME - Added for your comfort and safety, the foam coating...
- WIDER STANCE FOR INCREASED SAFETY - The specially designed wide stance is more stable, and makes it...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - New Bounce works hard to ensure that they only carry top of the line...
Health Benefits of Jumping on a Pogo Stick
Jumping on a pogo stick is good exercise overall. Here is how:
- Strengthening Back Muscles: Using a pogo stick is cantered on maintaining balance. The moment you lose balance, you fall off. Your back muscles are responsible for helping you maintain the balance on the stick. It might seem tricky at the beginning, but you eventually get the hang of it. The more time you spend, the higher the likelihood that your back muscles get strengthened.
- Toning Core Muscles: Pogo sticks provide as much exercise to your abs as they do to your back. Along with the back muscles, all four muscle groups of the stomach operate together to stabilize your balance. Each muscle group gets good exercise during the workout on a pogo stick. It pushes you one step further in developing your core strength.
- Toning Butt and Hips: Bouncing on the stick provides decent exercise to your glutes and hip abductors. Higher, more forceful jumps work these muscles even more. If you can maintain your balance, go for high bounces. You will see visible results in the form of a firmer butt and tight hips.
- Strengthening Leg Muscles: Bouncing on a pogo stick obviously involves your legs. Regular bouncing will exercise your calves and quadriceps. However, you must be careful not to go all-in right from the beginning. Landing can be a bit hard on your knees. Therefore, it is best to steadily increase the height and force of your jumps.
- Good Cardio: Consistently jumping on a pogo stick makes your heart pump blood faster. It provides decent cardiac exercise. A decent cardio workout strengthens the heart muscles. While you have fun on the stick, your cardiac health improves remarkably. A healthy heart is sure to prolong your life, too.
- Impact on Mental Health: Bouncing on a stick is a fun activity. Especially when done out in the sunshine, this activity can work wonders on your mental health. Jumping on a pogo stick in the yard early in the morning will expose you to healthy doses of vitamin D. The activity can also help improve your mood and deal with symptoms of depression.
Thus, jumping on a pogo stick is a wholesome activity. It has both physical and psychological benefits.
The only thing you need to be careful about is safety. Pick a pogo stick as per your height and comfort. Take it easy, especially in the beginning.
Rather than attempting to bounce high right away, steadily increasing the force of your jumps. Pogo sticks are an excellent way to stay active and healthy. Do not perform any risky tricks, and you will be just fine.